Forums
Here is a copy of the Birkenhead & Chester Advertiser Diamond Jubilee Souvenir edition from 1913, most of the material is talking about up to 60 years previous ie 1853.

There are some pages missing in the middle, sorry, might be able to track them down.

I hope the quality is acceptable, I have tried to keep files as small as possible to make downloading easier, most are between 200k and 400k and are hosted off-site from WikiWirral.

Enjoy

Page 1
Page 2-3
Page 4-5
Page 6-7
Page 8-9
Page 10-11
Page 12-13
Page 14-15
Page 16-17
Page 18-27
Page 28-29
Page 30-31
Page 32-33
Page 34-35
Page 36-37
Page 38-39
Page 40-41
Page 42-43
Page 44
Showing at the new theatre royal 'the gayest of the gay' by arthur shirley & eric hudson, that would have been an interesting showing. Interesting read, well apart from that I could only read the large print stuff like advertisments, the column print was too small to read on my mobile on the go.
Originally Posted by MerseyMan
Showing at the new theatre royal 'the gayest of the gay' by arthur shirley & eric hudson, that would have been an interesting showing. Interesting read, well apart from that I could only read the large print stuff like advertisments, the column print was too small to read on my mobile on the go.

Interesting reading and i know Merseyman is only joking but it just shows how the English language has been hijacked and misused in modern day times. I did like the Armste Lager advert, Lager being strongly recommended by Medical men, containing very little alcohol.
Fantastic post diggingdeeper happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral