Forums
Posted By: Dava2479 P-47 crash in Moreton - 24th Dec 2008 1:36am
I have found this interesting link to a P-47 Thunderbolt crash in Moreton 9/1/1944.

P-47 Thunderbolt
Posted By: hoseman Re: P-47 crash in Moreton - 24th Dec 2008 8:56am
Parts excavated can be found in Fort Perch Rock, with some interesting personal possessions!
Just think, i used to play on that exact spot as akid, catching sticklbacks in the water, and falling in with my bike trying to jump it!!! doh
If i had known what was below, there would be me with my bucket n spade digging away!!
Nice one Dava. thumbsup
Posted By: hoseman Re: P-47 crash in Moreton - 24th Dec 2008 2:37pm
Demolition has started on the hangars at USAF base Burtonwwod!!
The demolition is now well under way, the steel is coming into Mc Coys scrap in Birkenhead! All the light steel, sheeting etc is being weighed in but all the heavy girders are being stock piled until price goes up!! Also a lot of large storage tanks, possibly from same site (same contractors bringing it in!), look like could be fuel, oil.
You can still clearly see the drab / camo paint on the steel. Some doors dropped off the other day, big rollers on the bottoms for sliding open!
Well done the demo people, more of our history obliterated from the landscape!! somad
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: P-47 crash in Moreton - 26th Dec 2008 11:51am
Sad. mad
Posted By: DavidB Re: P-47 crash in Moreton - 1st Jan 2009 5:49pm
Developers are moving in, we're getting a new retail complex and 'luxury apartments'. Groan.

Attached picture Burtonwoodbase.JPG
© Wirral-Wikiwirral