Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Vale Park, and New Brighton Tower. - 21st Apr 2008 8:23am
Someone sent me the following random pics, though Id share them smile

..all taken between 1910 and 1929:

(Pictures no longer available)
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Vale Park, and New Brighton Tower. - 21st Apr 2008 9:44am
Excellent pictures. thumbsup
The one noticeable difference is the lack of trees in the park today compared to the pictures above
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Vale Park, and New Brighton Tower. - 21st Apr 2008 9:49am
I particuarly like the bottom two photos, nice one for sharing them matey, much appreciated!

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Vale Park, and New Brighton Tower. - 21st Apr 2008 8:25pm
I think sondvan showed us the middle on or similar.

Thanks for sharing stuy,

Crazy having the tower in the background...
Posted By: Brian Re: Vale Park, and New Brighton Tower. - 21st Apr 2008 9:35pm
I remember when I was a (very) young kid in New Brighton, the stump of the tower was still there, and there used to be a chairlift that ran from the near to the entrance to the Tower fairground up to the remaining bit of the tower and back down again. Never went on it myself, I was a bit young for that, but I seem to remember they took down the rest of the tower in my early teens. Suppose I've got to go have a quick google session now and see whether I'm right...

Brian.
Posted By: Brian Re: Vale Park, and New Brighton Tower. - 21st Apr 2008 9:42pm
Yep, guess I'm not quite that senile yet, the dates are about right. I'd forgotten that it was a fire which finally finished it off, I'd have been 12 when that happened. I think they took the chairlift down a bit before that, though.

Brian.
Posted By: Mark Re: Vale Park, and New Brighton Tower. - 22nd Apr 2008 7:17am
New Brighton Tower wink Click me
© Wirral-Wikiwirral