wirral forums

Netflix

Posted By: mikeeb

Netflix - 15th May 2020 10:25am

During this lockdown Netflix has been a bit of a blessing and have found a few series that have kept me from going insane.
Do you recommend any?
I have just watched 'Ozark', highly recommend.
A classic documentary to watch is 'Tiger King'.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner

Re: Netflix - 15th May 2020 4:08pm

Did you see the interview that Louis Theroux did with Joe Exotic in 2011? He was even more manic back then I thought!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0LpOalhYTU
Posted By: rhoobarb2002

Re: Netflix - 15th May 2020 5:57pm

Altered Carbon - Very slick Bladerunner/Matrix style scifi.
Black Mirror - A collection of unrelated (mostly) stories, mainly with a present-day/near future dystopian elements. Heavily based on some form of technology, and the use/abuse of it. Usually has some kind of twist.
Punisher - Pretty standard ex-special forces vigilante, nothing too brain taxing.
Witcher - Great fantasy drama. If Lord of the Rings met GoT.
Love Death + Robots - Collection of unrelated stories animated in various different styles. Some good, some are ok.
Stranger Things - Very good supernatural/sci-fi thriller based in an 80's, teens in small-town America come up against conspiracies/monsters/evil. Like a much darker/more adult version of a modern day Goonies.
Breaking Bad - Brilliant chemist leads a double life as a drug lord to help him and his family financially when he finds out he has cancer.
Homeland - American terrorism/conspiracy theories, etc, etc.
Luther - British 'loose cannon' cop drama.
Orphan Black - Can't really give a brief synopsis without giving it away, but it's a present day sci-fi type show.
MindHunter - Very good drama based on the early days of serial killer profiling.
Travellers - Sci-fi drama in a similar vain to Timecop/Looper, pretty decent.
Bloodline - The black sheep returns to his well-to do family home, stirring up trouble and opening up old wounds, threatening the thin veneer. Decent family conflict/drama.

All of these are pretty good (although some are certainly a lot better than others). All are worth at least a chance.
Posted By: mikeeb

Re: Netflix - 15th May 2020 6:32pm

Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Did you see the interview that Louis Theroux did with Joe Exotic in 2011? He was even more manic back then I thought!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0LpOalhYTU

That's the 1st time I've seen it, thanks Softy_Southerner. Did Louis do one of his normal 1 hour documentaries on Joe? I love Louis' shows and would love to see more of this one. smile

Thanks for the list Rhoobarb, will try Altered Carbon tonight, I llke the sound of it. wink
© 2020 Wirral - wikiwirral.co.uk