Forums
Posted By: granny Inside the Foreign Office - 20th Nov 2018 12:23am

Just watched 'Inside the Foreign Office' on BBC2 . Really interesting, and shows who makes the decisions, instructions , guides and directs our MP's and Diplomats. Yep, including Boris when he was in his position as Foreign Secretary.

Just a shame that they all seem to be fairly young. One guy being sent out to Burma, had a degree in pop music before he joined the Foreign Office. Now that scares me, although he must have had some other qualifications.

He was pretty rubbish at playing the guitar, so didn't inspire confidence in any other field of occupation !
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Inside the Foreign Office - 21st Nov 2018 10:58am
Just caught up on this one. Good job someone knows what is actually going on and can cope without putting their foot in it. Of course it all comes at a price.
Posted By: granny Re: Inside the Foreign Office - 22nd Nov 2018 12:07am

It was a bit of an education.

Interesting to know that the wife of the poor guy who has now been given a life sentence in UAE, was told to stay quiet for a long period of time, by the Foreign Office ! One wonders why, but in the end she felt she could stay silent no longer, and that was when they Government intervened and he was taken out of solitary confinement .

I know it's very wrong of me, but these young educated 30+ something's, have no experience in life and they seem to be running the show, after being taught and conditioned by professors with particular mind-sets.
Are we right to worry about our future in the hands of those who have not lived the lives of those who can tell the true tales and learnt from history.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Inside the Foreign Office - 22nd Nov 2018 10:18am
Originally Posted by granny
One guy being sent out to Burma, had a degree in pop music before he joined the Foreign Office. Now that scares me, although he must have had some other qualifications.

No, he probably just went to the right school and the right university.
Posted By: Mr1470 Re: Inside the Foreign Office - 22nd Nov 2018 8:36pm
Originally Posted by Gibbo
Originally Posted by granny
One guy being sent out to Burma, had a degree in pop music before he joined the Foreign Office. Now that scares me, although he must have had some other qualifications.

No, he probably just went to the right school and the right university.
With the right family contacts, too.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral