Forums
Posted By: cools Dynasties - 12th Nov 2018 11:38am
Watched this last night , amazing!! It was about a chimpanzee family and the battle of the alpha male to keep his position . It was sad but gripping at the same time , almost felt like I was watching a drama and of course David Attenborough narrating the story made it..Look forward to next week's and highly recommend it..
Posted By: granny Re: Dynasties - 13th Nov 2018 9:37am

Always good to watch Attenborough's programmes. Will catch up on iplayer. Thanks Cools.
Posted By: lincle Re: Dynasties - 17th Nov 2018 9:07am
Ive since heard that David the Chimp was later found battered to death by the other Chimps .He looked like an old softy & its so sad his life was ended this way.
Posted By: cools Re: Dynasties - 17th Nov 2018 9:54am
Yes I read that as well Lincle very sad indeed but predictable. He was a tough and very likable chimp but he didn't have very many friends to help him out when they all attacked him. Poor David think we all took him to our hearts. Such great filming and narration, can't wait for tomorrow's one...
Posted By: granny Re: Dynasties - 18th Nov 2018 6:27pm

Just watched this on BBC repeat. Very dramatic. Poor old David, I'm sorry to know his life ended in such a way.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Dynasties - 19th Nov 2018 12:28pm
Watched last nights , thought it was BRILLIANT , love seeing the penguin circle of life .
Posted By: granny Re: Dynasties - 19th Nov 2018 3:15pm

It was incredible !

They really don't need us humans getting in their way, for exploration and scientific research, before we know it, there'll be every country on the planet invading their space and taking our undesirable germs with us . Although , I was pleased that the team did in fact intervene for the benefit of the penguins that were stuck in the ravine.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Dynasties - 20th Nov 2018 9:18am
Yes ,so was I .
Posted By: cools Re: Dynasties - 20th Nov 2018 9:39am
Yes the filming is incredible and I guess if there were not film crews prepared to go out and suffer these harsh conditions, we'd never get to look into the animal world and be amazed and must add privellged to share. Me I couldn't do it because it's one if the rules that they just film and not get involved no matter how cruel or hard it seems.watching some if these wildlife programmes I've been shouting at the screen when a little baby elephant is being attacked by lions etc , oh chase them away do something , I couldn't just watch and film. Ye I was glad they helped the poor penguins it wasn't that much interfering . It's a great programme as they always are ... I
Posted By: lincle Re: Dynasties - 20th Nov 2018 11:17am
Agree with you there Cools.Brilliant programme ,so glad Im not behind the camera.I have to close my eyes to the "murders" taking place. We were shouting "save him ,save him" when the penguin chick was abandoned by his Mum.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral