Forums
Posted By: cools John Lewis advert - 12th Sep 2018 4:51pm
Trivial this I know but is anyone else fed up of the John Lewis advert featuring Queen song that's being shown all the time.? It's quite clever but after the first time i think it's boring! Don't know why they've done a special one now I think most people always look forward to the Christmas one...
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: John Lewis advert - 12th Sep 2018 8:42pm
Its just an offering because of the join-up between John Lewis and Waitrose, the Christmas one is still to come and they have paid Elton John £5m to be in it.
Posted By: cools Re: John Lewis advert - 13th Sep 2018 7:36am
Thanks DD , wondered why they'd brought one out now.. Funnily enough just saw a headline on news about profits being down with John Lewis and doing quite poorly.Dont think they should be paying Elton John 5 million for an advert.
In my opinion the best ones were the animated ones, remember the Snowman going looking for a snowgirl to love, really lovely and the Hare and Bear, the Boxer dog was good as well. I read they only cost 1million ( huh only) but a fraction of what they paying him. He must be feeling the pinch saw him in another advert the other night. Mind boggling!!!
Posted By: casper Re: John Lewis advert - 13th Sep 2018 7:39am
I know its not John Lewis, but Kevin the carrot hit it big for Aldi.
Posted By: cools Re: John Lewis advert - 13th Sep 2018 8:00am
Yes he did Caspar. I wonder if he'll be doing it again this year , maybe he's upped his fee and wants his sidekick Swede to join him ha...
Posted By: granny Re: John Lewis advert - 13th Sep 2018 10:24am

Elton John... £5 million ?? Rediculous !. What makes these stars feel so special that they can offer their services for so much,as it's just as much promoting the 'stars' as John Lewis ?
That £5 million would be far better used by giving it to a charity , we don't need such an advert for any of these major stores.
Makes more sense as Christmas is a time of giving , or it was in the Christian celebrations. Now it's grab what you can while you can and pay £5million for the privilege . Wrong !

Grumpy Granny,,,, !!
Posted By: casper Re: John Lewis advert - 14th Sep 2018 6:19pm
Not Grumpy Granny, I feel the same way myself (could well be a grumpy granddad) it just annoys me that nearly every quiz game has now become a celebrity quiz, nothing wrong in that for charity, however I believe that those celebrities get paid for appearing and it's not buttons, most of I've never even heard of, it appears show business generates its own opportunities, along with that we have the cretinous towies spoiled brats that have carved a living out of being dim and uninteresting and the failed b listers that have been made bankrupt some many times and still manage the life of Reilly, now how is that for grumpiness?
Posted By: cools Re: John Lewis advert - 14th Sep 2018 7:11pm
I agree with you Caspar, they taking over everything and it's quite boring , I tend to turn off it's a celebrity chase or show like that it always seems so false and all set out to make them look good. Guess I'd better become a member of the grumpy club too.
Posted By: keef666 Re: John Lewis advert - 16th Sep 2018 2:45pm
The John Lewis advert i have only seen it three times, and i think its great, but the best one i could watch over and over again is the Flash advert, with the singing dog, With all the adverts on the television, for beds, sofa's toothpaste, big mac's etc etc i have never watched one and said i must get one of those next time I'm at the shops as for the rest of tv you can keep it, its just full of rubbish on a good note the news of Big Brother being the last one, so wishes do come ture after all, just wish all the rest would, one that makes me sick is Made in Chelsea, i just hope when i sit down to watch the news one day it comes on some axe wielding maniac went crazy on the set and killed them all. Because of this the productors have now cancelled the show, i would be jumping for joy! That would be two down ninety nine more to go.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: John Lewis advert - 17th Sep 2018 7:12am
Another vote for the Flash ad here - great fun and no fragile egos involved. (I still use Sainsburys own brand though...!)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral