Forums
Posted By: granny Red Ape - 2nd May 2018 10:06pm

'RED APE: SAVING THE ORANGUTAN' on Thursday 10th May at 9pm on BBC 2.

" We are in a crisis, and we are running out of time. We hope this documentary will sound the alarm to save the orangutan."
Posted By: starakita Re: Red Ape - 3rd May 2018 10:45am
Claremount school had a go orange day last Friday to raise money for the Orangutans.They have been doing it for a couple of years
Posted By: granny Re: Red Ape - 3rd May 2018 5:18pm
Originally Posted by starakita
Claremount school had a go orange day last Friday to raise money for the Orangutans.They have been doing it for a couple of years

I think the education in schools is vital for the knowledge and survival of so many species now . Our children are the future of this planet . Well done, to Claremount. Thanks Star.
Posted By: casper Re: Red Ape - 3rd May 2018 5:35pm
I remember going to Sarawak to load timber back in the 60's while we were there we arranged a football match with the tally clerks went upriver in the motorboat to Sabu I think it was, we ended up in a small clearing and there was a orangutan in the trees, must have been a local supporter, its something that has always stuck in my mind.
Posted By: Habdab Re: Red Ape - 4th May 2018 7:22am
I remember an Orangutan up a tree in Sarawak that tried to pee on my wife. You could actually see it grinning when my wife had to leap out of the way. They have so many traits that resemble humans, (not the peeing on people, the grinning)
Incidentally Orangutan is actually made up of two words "Orang Hutan" which translates as people of the forest.
Posted By: granny Re: Red Ape - 4th May 2018 10:04am

To describe them as 'people of the forest' is probably so close to the truth.

When seeing them in zoos (no matter how well they are looked after) ,close eyes and get a mental picture, it is like seeing one of us in a prison cell for life and having orangutans poking food through bars for us. Mind numbing !

I missed the programme last night and hoped to get it on iplayer, but it's not available..
Posted By: cools Re: Red Ape - 4th May 2018 1:43pm
Next Thursday is the 10th May Granny, so you haven't missed it at all ...we can all still watch it. Careful with that whisky Granny, only joking .......
Posted By: granny Re: Red Ape - 4th May 2018 3:24pm
Originally Posted by cools
Next Thursday is the 10th May Granny, so you haven't missed it at all ...we can all still watch it. Careful with that whisky Granny, only joking .......

Oh ! I'm just wishing my life away. looking towards the next pension day. Of course, silly me and sometimes a drop of whisky might help . Thanks Cools..
© Wirral-Wikiwirral