Forums
Posted By: Ardneil The voice - 13th Jan 2018 9:22pm
I know we are all different and have our own opinions, but why can't I stand .........phoney ....Tom Jones.... The image, I hate, the stupid WOW he shouts out!
Sorry to post this. I'm not looking for an argument...I just had to let off steam!!!!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: The voice - 13th Jan 2018 10:06pm
I'm not a fan of Tom either, especially on The Voice.

Its a long time since he's been at the bottom of the ladder and has a very narrow style of music, I can't see what he can offer to the show.

Tonight the Judges must have been deaf, there were two chosen contestants that consistently didn't hit notes, messed up glides etc, but then, I suppose they need some easy cannon fodder for later in the program when they start dropping contestants.

The whole program (like many others) is now becoming even more about the judges than the contestants. Its downright rude not to show the whole of the contestants performance. Its not quite as bad as Britain's Got Talent etc for that, where they are showing inside of an audience person's nostril when some contestant is tap-dancing their heart out.
Posted By: granny Re: The voice - 13th Jan 2018 10:59pm
Originally Posted by Ardneil
I know we are all different and have our own opinions, but why can't I stand .........phoney ....Tom Jones.... The image, I hate, the stupid WOW he shouts out!
Sorry to post this. I'm not looking for an argument...I just had to let off steam!!!!

Let off as much steam as you wish. We all seem to do it on here , from time to time . Welcome.
Yes, he's past it ..sorry ..but he is !
Hoping Casper isn't taking offence, he must be about the Tom Jones era. laugh
Posted By: Excoriator Re: The voice - 14th Jan 2018 10:18am
I've never watched the Voice. The trailers are bad enough! I have always disliked Tom Jones too.

But I'd have thought him ideal for it.
Posted By: cools Re: The voice - 14th Jan 2018 10:58am
I like this show better than the others and although not a great fan of Tom I think he adds to the judges. He's well able to pick a good voice out with all his years of being in the business and singing with the best. Myself I dont like J Hudson and even Olly seems to be overpowering Will and Tom, will used to be very funny but gone quite quiet.I agree with DD about showing up the audience all the time, that gets n my nerves..
Posted By: assassin Re: The voice - 14th Jan 2018 8:22pm
I'll love to see Elton John take over from Tom Jones, as they need to get rid him and william or has he spells it will I am, most of the time he's playing on his phone and all you get from Jennifer Hudson is "oh Jennifer Hudson productions or JHud productions everytime she opens her gob.

and am I the only one getting fed-up with the judges on the voice/BGT/X-factor trying to make up new words eg showmazing, and if nicole scherzinger says he/she's got balls one more time, I'm starting to think she's trying to tell us something wink

ps welcome to wikiwirral
Posted By: casper Re: The voice - 15th Jan 2018 12:36pm
Originally Posted by granny
Originally Posted by Ardneil

Let off as much steam as you wish. We all seem to do it on here , from time to time . Welcome.
Yes, he's past it ..sorry ..but he is !
Hoping Casper isn't taking offence, he must be about the Tom Jones era. laugh

No not a fan granny, it's not unusual but Tom didn't do it for me, Mrs Casper watches the voice much to my annoyance, and (huff and puff) that skating thing, so I retire to the other room and voice my displeasure to myself mumble mumble.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral