Forums
Posted By: cools John Lewis advert - 10th Nov 2017 9:41pm
Just saw the John Lewis Christmas advert, Moz the Monster!! What a let down! Personally I didn't like it at all, what about you???
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: John Lewis advert - 10th Nov 2017 11:02pm
Couldn't give a flying shit about the John Lewis advert or any of the others?

Oh. The Monster is called Moz and everybody MUST RUSH to buy one? Bollox.

Or Kevin The Carrot. Another capitalistic set of bollocks.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: John Lewis advert - 11th Nov 2017 12:54am
Originally Posted by cools
Just saw the John Lewis Christmas advert, Moz the Monster!! What a let down! Personally I didn't like it at all, what about you???

Yes, not up to their usual standard, I can see the base concept is good but there is something about the implementation that doesn't gel and it doesn't really come to any sort of intelligible punchline or ending.

Posted By: cools Re: John Lewis advert - 11th Nov 2017 7:52am
Thanks for putting that up DD, I did try but as usual couldn't get it to work.
Posted By: casper Re: John Lewis advert - 11th Nov 2017 10:09am
Maybe I am easily amused but the Aldi advert makes me laugh. grin
Posted By: cools Re: John Lewis advert - 11th Nov 2017 11:01am
No Casper I like the Aldi advert too, one of the better ones.
Posted By: venice Re: John Lewis advert - 11th Nov 2017 11:07am
Agree the JL one seems a badly thought through , disjointed let down.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: John Lewis advert - 11th Nov 2017 12:28pm
JL ad didn't do anything for me other than spotting the political correctness in it Black population 3% mixed marriage/relationship 10%, Trying to put a nice spin on monsters following Saville ,Harris etc. They also pinched a bit from toy story with the toys coming out from under the bed.
In the words of Peter Kay its not the monsters you need be frightened off its the burglars coming through the window......have it !

Aldi ad far better made.

I see the M and S one also has a mixed marriage/relationship.
Posted By: snowhite Re: John Lewis advert - 11th Nov 2017 12:40pm
Originally Posted by casper
Maybe I am easily amused but the Aldi advert makes me laugh. grin
laugh ME TOO.

[youtube]?v=iJGpOYKXcSE[/youtube] Kevin the carrot.
Posted By: granny Re: John Lewis advert - 11th Nov 2017 1:23pm

Marks and Spencer.

[youtube]KfaSxIkLslE[/youtube]
Posted By: assassin Re: John Lewis advert - 11th Nov 2017 1:53pm
[youtube]fyNhzFYP3ts[/youtube] I like this one, I can see every woman wanting to get on an arriva train just to lose a shoe and find a man. Because you have to buy everything that's adverts on TV wink that's why my bathroom is full of always ultra with wings even though I'm male raftl
Posted By: starakita Re: John Lewis advert - 11th Nov 2017 6:46pm
[youtube]Rd9wKCy1pAE[/youtube] I think Asda's is good
Posted By: Excoriator Re: John Lewis advert - 12th Nov 2017 3:51pm
The ad reputedly cost JL £7 million.

I'd be more inclined to visit their shop had they donated it to the homeless and replaced their ad with a statement explaining why homes got priority over schmaltz this year.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: John Lewis advert - 12th Nov 2017 3:59pm
This one for Barbour (country clothing) is short, clever and gets the product ad across
Posted By: cools Re: John Lewis advert - 12th Nov 2017 4:07pm
You're right Fish, that's a great ad makes you feel all christmassy snowman . I haven't seen this one on TV yet my little grandson will love it as The Snowman is a favourite book and movie we always watch together, love it....
Posted By: granny Re: John Lewis advert - 12th Nov 2017 8:23pm

Yes, that's my favourite now, Fish. Thanks
Posted By: granny Re: John Lewis advert - 15th Nov 2017 9:55am

Why do JL have two adverts.

[youtube]Dd_0BIuZgHg[/youtube]
Posted By: Norton Re: John Lewis advert - 16th Nov 2017 11:15am
The Fox and the Mouse has a strong likeness to Very's 'Wolf'-'Get More out of Christmas' advert.

If you follow the link below, you will get a bit more information about the christmas ads, including the music, and of course, they include the link to YouTube.

Very Christmas
Posted By: Dilly Re: John Lewis advert - 16th Nov 2017 11:30am
I saw on the news this morning that Greggs have offended people by replacing Jesus with a sausage roll in a nativity scene. Hilarious laffin
Posted By: granny Re: John Lewis advert - 16th Nov 2017 1:44pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
I saw on the news this morning that Greggs have offended people by replacing Jesus with a sausage roll in a nativity scene. Hilarious laffin

So pleased they don't do the same for Mohammed at Mawlid !
Posted By: venice Re: John Lewis advert - 16th Nov 2017 2:38pm
Im neither that easily offended or religious and their action doesnt personally bother me, but even I can see that that was always going to be really provocative to devout practising Christians. If theyd used their brains their marketing dept could have come up with something better Im sure , that didnt alienate a % of people .
Posted By: fish5133 Re: John Lewis advert - 16th Nov 2017 8:23pm
No problem if it was a beef or kosher sausage roll.. . I wouldn't be offended but more annoyed that it was deliberately done to cause offence or at least "bad" publicity.(which is still publicity")
You could probably get arrested by putting slices of bacon on a mosque door handle..so it does seem double standards
Posted By: Dilly Re: John Lewis advert - 16th Nov 2017 10:06pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
No problem if it was a beef or kosher sausage roll.. . I wouldn't be offended but more annoyed that it was deliberately done to cause offence or at least "bad" publicity.(which is still publicity")
You could probably get arrested by putting slices of bacon on a mosque door handle..so it does seem double standards

Well we wouldn't want to offend Ali Kebab would we ?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: John Lewis advert - 17th Nov 2017 9:15pm
People getting offended by this offended by that.
What a bunch of PATHETIC idiots.

What the HELL has happened to society these days?

I'll give it another 50 years and everyone will be enemy's, there will be no human interaction and the population will be dwindling.
What a messed up world we live in.
no
Posted By: venice Re: John Lewis advert - 17th Nov 2017 9:36pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

I'll give it another 50 years and everyone will be enemy's, there will be no human interaction and the population will be dwindling.
no

What annoys me is the loss of all the best jokes we now cant openly tell because of uber pc'ness lol!
Posted By: buddy Re: John Lewis advert - 18th Nov 2017 12:01pm
Originally Posted by Dilly

Lord Jesus backwards is...Susejd Rol.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: John Lewis advert - 19th Nov 2017 10:15am
Originally Posted by _Ste_

no

People are messed up if they deliberately want to offend someone else. Its drawing the line between a bit of harmless banter and deliberate offence.think greggs using public media got it wrong on a pr level but won on overall publicity level.
Posted By: venice Re: John Lewis advert - 19th Nov 2017 12:02pm
Agreed fish.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral