Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Filming In Birkenhead Again - 1st Nov 2017 7:09pm
I see they were/are filming by the old Birkenhead tunnel entrance Cleveland street rendall street. Peaky Blinders maybe???
Posted By: cools Re: Filming In Birkenhead Again - 1st Nov 2017 7:20pm
I posted earlier on Fish that they are filming movie on JRR Tolkiens life in Port Sunlight today so I assume it's for that. Tolkien of course wrote Lord of the Rings , The Hobbit etc.
Posted By: starakita Re: Filming In Birkenhead Again - 1st Nov 2017 7:23pm
There was catering vans & vans for filming equipment in the New Ferry car park.
Posted By: cools Re: Filming In Birkenhead Again - 1st Nov 2017 7:25pm
That's where I asked what was going on Star, had to find out so asked one of the staff there.
Posted By: kittykat Re: Filming In Birkenhead Again - 1st Nov 2017 7:31pm
I think the one at the tunnel is for Bulletproof. Was talking to a vehicle provider for Tolkien that were doing filming in Thornton Hough and he mentioned a few going on in this area.
Posted By: cools Re: Filming In Birkenhead Again - 1st Nov 2017 7:35pm
That's great isn't it, all these films going on around us getting to be quite the little Hollywood of the North laugh
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Filming In Birkenhead Again - 2nd Nov 2017 11:06am
I once worked in an office in Cavern Walks. Mathew St was always being taken over by film companies, and a bloody nuisance they were too. On one occasion they had invaded our building to install lights from above the street, and in the lift with many others one lunchtime, someones asked what they were filming. A young lady at the front of the lift condescendngly said - in a very posh accent - "Actually, we're filming a comedy!"

Quick as a flash, came a comment from the back of the lift. "We'll be the judge of that, love!"

The perfect put-down!
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Filming In Birkenhead Again - 2nd Nov 2017 11:17am
Some other films parts of made on Wirral

The Magnet - 1950 – An Ealing Comedy starring James Fox. Partly filmed in Birkenhead and New Brighton.

Chariots of Fire - 1981 – Feel good film starring Nigel Havers about two British runners competing in the 1924 Paris Olympics. Partly filmed in Birkenhead and Bebington.

Let Him Have It - 1991 – The true story starring Christopher Eccelstone about the controversial hanging of Derek Bentley. Filmed partly in New Brighton, where it doubled as

Croyden.

51st State - 2001 – Crime thriller starring Samuel.L.Jackson and partly filmed around Birkenhead Docks.

Away Days - 2009 – Period film starring Stephen Graham about a group of teenage football hooligans who lived on the Wirral during the time of Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 - 2010– Small clips of the Queensway Tunnel.

Blood - 2012 – Thriller starring Paul Bethany and Stephen Graham - Partly filmed in several Wirral locations including Hilbre Island, West Kirby and Seacombe.

Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit - 2014 – Small clips of the Queensway Tunnel.

Breaking Free - 2014 - Filmed in and around Birkenhead.

Peaky Blinders, being filmed in Port Sunlight

Florence Foster Jenkins

The Violators

Ferry cross the Mersey?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Filming In Birkenhead Again - 2nd Nov 2017 6:42pm
My wife was an extra in chariots of fire at Bebington Oval and still has the mock programme that they waved in the air. Werent allowed to wear certain colours as not fashionable back then.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Filming In Birkenhead Again - 2nd Nov 2017 11:08pm
Me too!! Fish, I was a here that day, went with my mum and nan, they were given big straw bonnets to wear. Billy Butler announced it over the radio that morning that RED was a colour to be avoided.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral