Forums
Posted By: cools Blue Planet 2 - 29th Oct 2017 9:04pm
Oh WOW I did enjoy that. Takes you completely away from everything and shows you these almost mythical creatures thanks to the brilliant cameramen, and David Attenboroughs soothing voice narrating.Brilliant look forward to next week's..
Posted By: granny Re: Blue Planet 2 - 29th Oct 2017 10:43pm

Got caught up watching Gods in Shackles. ( a documentary about the cruelty, despair and pain the Temple Elephants suffer) so I shall watch BP2 on Iplayer.
His documentaries are always excellent, and still he continues . smile
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Blue Planet 2 - 30th Oct 2017 8:14am
I find it flits from one animal to the next too much for me. The photography is wonderful of course, but I saw a later series about the giant cuttlefish and the attempts made to see it at depths up to 1,000 metres which I liked better. Attenborough narrated that too, although I didn't realise it was him until the end.

The best programme I've enjoyed about nature was about the British Large blue butterfly and attempts to preserve it. Its relationship with ant is critical to this, and the details of the discovery of its parasitic relationship to ants was fascinating. Attenb. was not involved and there was no photography as it was on radio. I was driving, and pulled over the better to listen to it. Utterly fascinating.

Posted By: cools Re: Blue Planet 2 - 30th Oct 2017 8:59am
Yes Granny it is worth watching, watch out for the sea dragon , I found it fascinating, unsurprisingly another didnt laffin ...find it very hard to watch programmes about animal cruelty, upsets me..
Posted By: granny Re: Blue Planet 2 - 30th Oct 2017 11:34am
Originally Posted by cools
Yes Granny it is worth watching, watch out for the sea dragon , I found it fascinating, unsurprisingly another didnt laffin ...find it very hard to watch programmes about animal cruelty, upsets me..

Yes,agreed it really was worth watching. I found the whale and dolphin encounter very strange. Maybe the whales were not chasing to eat them at all, but catching up with old friends. Just shows how we can get so much wrong, even now.
The sea urchin was also fascinating. The one that was stuffing it's mouth, one tentacle (?) after another. (or whatever they are called)

The animal cruelty upsets me dreadfully, Cools but I have to watch because the animals are depending on us (humans) so much for their survival. If I don't know, I cannot do anything.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Blue Planet 2 - 30th Oct 2017 1:17pm
Thanks for the reminder Cools, Will watch it on catch up TV.
Posted By: venice Re: Blue Planet 2 - 30th Oct 2017 1:52pm
It was absolutely BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Blue Planet 2 - 30th Oct 2017 8:21pm
Nature is amazing and the photography and filming excellent. Had never heard of that fish that leaps out of the water to catch sea birds... Still surprised though that DA thinks it all came about because of random chance
Posted By: assassin Re: Blue Planet 2 - 6th Nov 2017 5:51pm
Last nights show was brilliant

Attached picture blue-planet-2-2017-fragman_10062808-14090_1800x945.jpg
Posted By: venice Re: Blue Planet 2 - 6th Nov 2017 10:05pm
Whole thing just genius. The shots are just incredible arent they . Best thing on tele all night.
Posted By: granny Re: Blue Planet 2 - 6th Nov 2017 11:35pm
Indeed , another amazing show !

As an after thought, the eyes on those sharks were really spooky. They gave me the shivers.
Posted By: cools Re: Blue Planet 2 - 7th Nov 2017 9:07am
It's amazing!! Those weird incredible creatures and the photography brilliant! They look almost as if they've stepped out of a cartoon comic, wouldn't think such things existed.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Blue Planet 2 - 7th Nov 2017 11:11am
Yes , truly amazing ,I am surprized at the lighting to be honest .SO black down there .

Posted By: assassin Re: Blue Planet 2 - 7th Nov 2017 5:44pm
Can't wait for this to come out in 4k

Attached picture blue.jpg
Posted By: Salmon Re: Blue Planet 2 - 9th Nov 2017 9:49pm
I just managed to watch the second episode. Amazing photography of truly incredible creatures. We really have no idea of the mysteries and wonders of this world and it's oceans. The time taken to film those scenes,the patience and knowledge of all involved is really to be admired.
Posted By: venice Re: Blue Planet 2 - 9th Nov 2017 10:57pm
Yes, the colours , shapes, and lifestyles of some of the weird weird creatures is beyond fascinating . Just stunning.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral