Forums
Posted By: cools Talking pictures - 1st Jul 2017 12:30pm
I love watching the old Michael Parkinson interviews with the old movie stars, find them fascinating.watching Peter O'Toole now but it's so amusing seeing them sitting there with cigarettes and lighting up all the time. Bette Davies was on the other week and just smoked one after the other, just seems so strange to watch now.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Talking pictures - 1st Jul 2017 12:37pm
See Barry Norman just died. Was he ever on Parkis show?
Posted By: cools Re: Talking pictures - 1st Jul 2017 12:48pm
Don't think he was Fish, I couldn't take to him although he was good at his job .
Posted By: granny Re: Talking pictures - 2nd Jul 2017 10:43am

[youtube]yzazJqOV_Eg[/youtube]

Dudley Moore had a sad end. Can't believe it was 15 yrs ago !
Posted By: Dilly Re: Talking pictures - 2nd Jul 2017 1:11pm
Originally Posted by granny

[youtube]yzazJqOV_Eg[/youtube]

Dudley Moore had a sad end. Can't believe it was 15 yrs ago !

I could never find anything funny about that pair.
Posted By: cools Re: Talking pictures - 2nd Jul 2017 3:27pm
These two, not a fave of mine either I didn't particularly like Morcambe and Wise although I know they were very popular. Dave Allen I used to love and Tommy Cooper well you just had to look at him and you'd laugh. Today's comics I don't find funny except Peter Kay he has me in stitches.
Posted By: granny Re: Talking pictures - 2nd Jul 2017 3:36pm
I've just been watching some Freddie Star clips. He always did amuse me. Off the radar at times !

Frightened of posting such things, due to so many allegations about so many stars from the same era, even if disproven.

Peter Kay is funny, but comedy is not the same. It's so scripted and the talent used to be in the performer and delivery.

Should we have a thread of our funniest comedy video clips or maybe add them on here ? Your shout Cools, give you something to do whilst you've got your feet up. laugh

[youtube]mPL95K1kWaw[/youtube]
Posted By: Dilly Re: Talking pictures - 2nd Jul 2017 3:43pm
Wasn't Freddie Starr first married to someone from Moreton? Seem to remember stories of him being a bully and a wife beater.Could be my memory playing tricks again though smile
Posted By: cools Re: Talking pictures - 2nd Jul 2017 3:49pm
Sounds like could be a good topic granny although as you know I have trouble putting videos etc up. Never works for me especially on this new tablet I've got but I'll give it a try.
Posted By: Madge Re: Talking pictures - 2nd Jul 2017 4:31pm
I think it was a large bungalow in cobham road moreton he lived in, i was asked to babysit for them but my mother wouldnt let me as he had a terrible reputation, I met him many years later and found it to be true lol, dirty old man
Posted By: cools Re: Talking pictures - 2nd Jul 2017 4:39pm
This is a funny clip that makes me laugh because I used to have a Ford Capri many years ago and it was just like this car pleased itself when it wanted to start. It would take me somewhere then refuse to start and Id be like Basil threatening it and kicking it ha.

https://youtu.be/78b67l_yxUc

Don't know whether this will work?

Posted By: Dilly Re: Talking pictures - 2nd Jul 2017 5:24pm
Yes it works cools. A classic clip from a classic series.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Talking pictures - 2nd Jul 2017 9:45pm
Probably my favourite comedian - Dave Allen on Parkinson, you'd know from the start it was going to be The Dave Allen Show not a Parkisnon interview.

[youtube]X_SizPdguCU[/youtube]

Posted By: cools Re: Talking pictures - 2nd Jul 2017 10:03pm
He was so funny and a genius at getting over his observations in such a funny way. I have watched a few today and it brought home how much I miss him. A very clever and witty man.
Posted By: granny Re: Talking pictures - 3rd Jul 2017 12:00am

Yes, Dave Allen. Excellent.
Posted By: granny Re: Talking pictures - 7th Jul 2017 10:39pm

. [youtube]mez8LZzA-tw[/youtube]
© Wirral-Wikiwirral