Forums
Posted By: granny The Durrells - 23rd Apr 2017 5:39pm
They are back tonight 8pm ITV...

See you there smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Durrells - 23rd Apr 2017 10:18pm
Just lovely to have them back!!
Posted By: cools Re: The Durrells - 24th Apr 2017 7:11am
I can't seem to get into this, which is odd for me because I usually like this kind of programme. I watched a couple in last series then gave up but thought I'd give it another try last night but don't think it's for me. It's very popular I know so I must be in minority. Same with the programme Line of Duty which was on last night, I'm only watching it because there's been very little else on and I just want to see how it ends but to most people they find it gripping can't wait for next week. We're all different eh!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Durrells - 24th Apr 2017 8:07am
I like t as its all floaty and chaos at the same time

I really have something in common with it...lol
Posted By: Excoriator Re: The Durrells - 24th Apr 2017 8:31am
I found them implausible, and the portrayal of the natives of Corfu stereotyped and patronising.

Not for me I'm afraid.
Posted By: granny Re: The Durrells - 24th Apr 2017 10:06am
I enjoyed it as I once lived in Greece ( not at the same time) and can recapture the whole ethos of the place and the people, although they are a wee bit dramatized but that's part of the whole shebang as they had to be given a bit of sparkle !

Yes, as you say Lollipop , floaty and free. We did once have that in life should we be so lucky to remember.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Durrells - 24th Apr 2017 11:30am
Excoriator.... Can't believe you even considered it....lol

I could have told you it wasn't your thing..
Posted By: Raven61 Re: The Durrells - 26th Apr 2017 11:06am
Enjoyed reading the books many years ago & see it as a bit of Sunday evening escapism.
Posted By: granny Re: The Durrells - 26th Apr 2017 11:30pm
Originally Posted by Raven61
Enjoyed reading the books many years ago & see it as a bit of Sunday evening escapism.

Exactly, Raven61. We all need an escape these days from doom and gloom.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral