Forums
Posted By: granny Decline and Fall - 6th Apr 2017 12:16am
Did anyone watch this last Friday at 9pm BBC 1 ?

I found it very entertaining . Boarding School in Wales for Boys, after the war.

Part 2 this Friday same time. same place

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08kzf29/decline-and-fall-series-1-episode-1

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Decline and Fall - 6th Apr 2017 6:31am
Yes! Brilliant. Loved the seedy past of the master, the alcohol just to get through the day,David suchet....excellent.

The whole disaster of it!!! Think pennyfreather will out of his depth again this week.

More of this Granny would suit me, I enjoy the cleverness of it!!
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Decline and Fall - 6th Apr 2017 8:00am
The book is even better!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Decline and Fall - 6th Apr 2017 5:33pm
Originally Posted by Excoriator
The book is even better!

I often find that, the first time I read a book then watched the film was Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind, book was loads better than the film, in fact the film seemed to miss the whole point of the story. Since then its usually been the other way round, I've seen the film then read the book which deters from the book.

I don't know why they change the story so much sometimes, its not usually extra scenes or missing scenes so much as actually changing the emphasis of the story.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Decline and Fall - 7th Apr 2017 6:53pm
9pm Granny!!!!
Posted By: granny Re: Decline and Fall - 7th Apr 2017 10:54pm

Yes, thanks. Watched it Lollipop. I didn't think it was as good as last weeks though. What about you ?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Decline and Fall - 8th Apr 2017 8:57am
No ... Missed pendy and the master. Still 1 more and I will watch.
Posted By: granny Re: Decline and Fall - 14th Apr 2017 7:50pm
Last episode tonight Lollipop. Don't forget.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Decline and Fall - 14th Apr 2017 9:08pm
Yes, watched it and enjoyed it.

Posted By: granny Re: Decline and Fall - 14th Apr 2017 9:12pm

Me too. Now looking forward to The Durrells. This month sometime, but don't know when yet.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Decline and Fall - 14th Apr 2017 9:20pm
Ah!! Can't wait for that either. Hopefully they will keep it to the Sunday night slot. I would have A bit if a Shirley valentine moment every week, imagining I lived there.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral