Forums
Posted By: cools Spy in the wild - 14th Jan 2017 2:45pm
Wow if you like wild life programmes this is a must. I've just watched this as I recorded it from Monday night. Where they Make mock animals with camera's in their eyes to film amongst the animals, it's incredible. It has been done before with penguins it was. I love Gordon Buchanan s voice as the narrator as well. Anybody else watch it? It's on BBC 1 BTW.
Posted By: venice Re: Spy in the wild - 14th Jan 2017 3:12pm
Yes I saw that cools - very good. First thing that struck me though was if they needed robot animals to get near enough to film the wild ones, how did they successfully get near enough to film the robots interacting with the wild ones ! Not that it matters a jot of course, it was just a thought -- it was in fact really interesting to see how the real animals dealt with the robots, however it could give false ideas though, because would a wild animal act with another wild animal in the same way it reacts to a robot? So , overall I really enjoyed it - heart in mouth though when the babysitter monkey took her charge down the steep cliff face !
Posted By: cools Re: Spy in the wild - 14th Jan 2017 3:32pm
I thought that too Venice but as you say you soon forget that and enjoy it for what it was. Fantastic filming and fascinating. I thought the chimpanzee with the kitten was great to watch although wonder what happened when he got fed up of his little pet. That bit reminded me of another wildlife program I watched about a lioness looking after a baby Fawn in the wild. A sad ending to it but so incredible to watch.
Posted By: venice Re: Spy in the wild - 16th Jan 2017 12:04am
Yes I was sad for the kitten, I dont think it would have survived without being fed and I cant imagine the mother was still around if as the narrator said, the kitten was abandoned.
Posted By: rocks Re: Spy in the wild - 16th Jan 2017 12:13am
id tapped it but watched it earlier tonight, absolutely brilliant i cant wait till the next one smile
Posted By: venice Re: Spy in the wild - 19th Jan 2017 9:02pm
Good again tonight eh cools? Love the little sea otter The spy camera certainly came into its own with this shy species .... How amazing too to see the apes lathering themselves up with soap!
Posted By: cools Re: Spy in the wild - 19th Jan 2017 9:59pm
Just going to watch it now Venice.
Posted By: cools Re: Spy in the wild - 19th Jan 2017 11:15pm
Enjoyed it find it amazing how close they can film with the spy animals. Thought the Orangutan one one was great looked dead real, although they don't fool the animals. I love it, I thought it was Gordan Buchanan was the narrator but it's David Tennant, both Scottish speak very similar and I find their voices very nice to listen to.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral