Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Milliband/ Cameron head-to-head on Thursday. - 21st Mar 2015 6:45pm
http://news.sky.com/story/1449803/cameron-and-miliband-tv-battle-confirmed

Leaders go head to head on Thursday 26th March at 9pm. handbag popcorn
Posted By: granny Re: Milliband/ Cameron head-to-head on Thursday. - 21st Mar 2015 7:16pm
Can't wait. Beginning of the end for one of them.

Have they released their manifesto's yet ? I can't find them and how can they have a head to head without a manifesto ? It will be another round of name calling.

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Milliband/ Cameron head-to-head on Thursday. - 21st Mar 2015 7:19pm
withthat
The original dates were scheduled for after the release of the manifesto's. Cameron refused many times not to be included after the release date. Like you said Granny, how on earth can you be questioned on your policies if you don't know what the intent is? I guess they can't be accused of lying if it's not in print.
Posted By: granny Re: Milliband/ Cameron head-to-head on Thursday. - 21st Mar 2015 8:00pm
It's not a Head to Head between Cameron and Milliband.
Cameron hasn't taken much notice of the manifesto last time, he even introduced new items not in the manifesto. Considering numerous items aren't dealt with because of "lack of parliamentary time", to introduce non-essential, non-manifesto, non-emergency items is a farce.
I'm 100% behind you on that one DD. I'm sickened by the fact that they are covered by parliamentary privilage to be seen to openly lie about a subject matter whilst in Parliament, which then gets reported via the News and Press as gospel and they get away with it.
Yep, the very people that should be the most accountable as they are trusted to hold the power of the nation, in practice they are the least accountable, no come-back on them whatsoever. They keep on signing Britain's power and rights away to Europe and the public can do sod all about it. I'm sure most pro-european voters just want a common market (like we did vote on), not a united States of Germany (yes, that is assumptious and a sweeping statement).

Blair might get his comeuppance at the Hague but the Americans will probably cover for him as it would open the floodgates to Bush and his buddies being brought to account as well.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Milliband/ Cameron head-to-head on Thursday. - 26th Mar 2015 8:53pm
Bean bags (to throw at tele) and swear box (stacks of 20ps) at the ready..... liar doh yes no yomama hand snob fight

Anybody watching?
Posted By: venice Re: Milliband/ Cameron head-to-head on Thursday. - 26th Mar 2015 9:10pm
Probably , till I get bored - would have preferred it if it was scheduled to be adversarial , which I believe it isnt.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Milliband/ Cameron head-to-head on Thursday. - 26th Mar 2015 9:45pm
Sterile audience.
Originally Posted by venice
Probably , till I get bored - would have preferred it if it was scheduled to be adversarial , which I believe it isnt.
Agree as you never get any answers out of any of them.same old thing it drags on and on.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Milliband/ Cameron head-to-head on Thursday. - 26th Mar 2015 10:11pm
OMG!!!! Kay Burley!!!! Biased much??? It's like a completely different program now that Milliband is on!!!
Posted By: venice Re: Milliband/ Cameron head-to-head on Thursday. - 26th Mar 2015 11:09pm
Bug*er ! OH assured me it didnt start till 10, so I missed nearly everything! What I did see of Milly with Kay Burley ,he didnt do too badly but I thought Paxman made him look pretty poor.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Milliband/ Cameron head-to-head on Thursday. - 26th Mar 2015 11:21pm
Ah! Kay Burley 'ate' into Millibands time with the audiance with stupid quotes and questions! She did not do that with Cameron. Twitter was going wild last time I looked!! Check out #Battlefornumber10
Cameron has proved the exception to my belief. He was the most polished - I always believed it was impossible to polish a turd. Milliband, in my opinion, came across as the most sincere but didn't appear to get the same chances to expand.
Posted By: granny Re: Milliband/ Cameron head-to-head on Thursday. - 27th Mar 2015 12:49am
Quite remarkable really. Both of them failed in my opinion, for different reasons. Although they share one reason and the pair of them are like overgrown schoolboys.

When, oh when are we going to have a leader we can actually have some respect for ?

I'm afraid I cannot identify with either. Most of the presenters on television have a far better attitude and more mature behavioural pattern. They may talk about a different subjects, but they can certainly hold ones interest.

Pitt Milliband against leaders of the Arab nations, the French president, Mr Putin, China's leader, leaders of the African nations. They'd have him for breakfast.
Good Lord, it's a very scary prospect. Notice the more excited he gets, the higher his voice goes, and if he had anything to offer that could somehow be overshadowed.
The other jerk needs to spend a month on benefits and food hand outs for his kids, just for an idea of how things really are for so many.
Now , my chart is on the wall and boxes are being ticked or crossed.
Sorry,, talked too much again, but I work best after midnight. laugh
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Milliband/ Cameron head-to-head on Thursday. - 27th Mar 2015 9:38am
I think the programme favoured Cameron over Miliband.

When he was questioned by Paxo, the BBC said the audience were laughing with Miliband. I thought it came across that they were laughing at him.

But, he appeared weak, and you don't want that in a leader. Even when he tried to act tough (ooh, using the word "hell") he was laughable.

Its a shame the audio was cut at the end when Paxo said "Are you all right Ed?". Miliband was visibly shaken.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Milliband/ Cameron head-to-head on Thursday. - 27th Mar 2015 10:29am
What a pair of tits ! Pardon the expression smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral