Forums
Posted By: paxvobiscum cinema - 21st Dec 2014 11:10pm
I went yesterday to see 'The Imitation Game' and thought it well worth seeing. It was interesting how candidates were choosen to be part of the 'Enigma' code-breaking team and how they related to each other. The acting was a delight

Posted By: Vanmanone Re: cinema - 22nd Dec 2014 10:49am
I enjoyed it Pax,cracking movie,I put it in the wrong section snob
https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/915173/Re:_The_Imitation_Game.html#Post915173
You any good at cross word puzzles wink
Posted By: Gibbo Re: cinema - 22nd Dec 2014 12:57pm
If you like that kind of thing, Enigma is also pretty good, although more fiction based on a bit of fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enigma_%282001_film%29
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: cinema - 22nd Dec 2014 10:34pm
No I am hopeless at them and also at Maths. My twin is a whizz at crosswords and so was my late father.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: cinema - 23rd Dec 2014 9:04pm
Thanks for the link Gibbo. Will check it out
Posted By: missmahjong Re: cinema - 22nd Sep 2015 8:53am
Last week i went to see the film Legend, which most people will know is about tht Kray Twins .Very good acting from Tom Hardy, playing both Ron /Reggie, i dont know HOW they filmed the fight between them...Although it was quite violent ,there was a story line about their ' relationship '.....Younger two girls going 2m night to see , looking forward to dicussion about it ..
Also went to see The Rocky Horror Show, filmed to the pictures while being 'performed ' live in London ,did enjoy and understood more ..After a few years of the younger 2 , having it on at home ...LOL
Posted By: missmahjong Re: cinema - 14th Oct 2015 10:13pm
To-night i went to see The Suffragettes, never know the whole story from schoolday,s .Really enjoyed it , very good acting and some 'shocking ' situations in the film , which are true .. Would 'Suit ' the likes of RUDEBOX , on her soap box lol
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: cinema - 15th Oct 2015 1:58pm
Going with a group of 75 next week.Can't wait. We are having a Speaker before the film and Q and A afterwards.

thumbsup
Posted By: missmahjong Re: cinema - 15th Oct 2015 3:21pm
I would imagine that will be interesting .Some things i never knew from 'school days'or 'forgot over time .Never realised what a 'Powerful Force ' they had ,at that time ....Political Awakening in woman .The lead woman Maud , reminded me of you Rudebox...LOL
Posted By: Mark Re: cinema - 15th Oct 2015 6:06pm
I went to see The Martian the left on mars movie.

Its was good, great graphics on the big screen.
Kept me entertained all the way throughout.

Would i watch again 5 out of 5.

Mocking Jay part 2 in November if its your thing.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: cinema - 15th Oct 2015 7:25pm
I fancy this one as well mark , ingenious how he managed to do what he do,s .A few good films coming up.The Lady Who Lived In A van , based on a TRUE story ..And one called The Dressmaker . The one with Ed Sheeran in concert ..Always enjoyed the pictures .Been going since i was 16 ..And i always toke younger 2 girls and 2 grandchildren to the saturday matinee at the The Unit Four when they were growing up ..
© Wirral-Wikiwirral