Forums
Posted By: derekdwc TV competitions query - 9th Nov 2012 2:45pm
Has anyone actually entered any of these online and won?
I've always thought the questions and answers are so easy to entice folks to phone in so the program can make money out of it.
I'm wondering if it could be worthwhile having a go by the online of entering
Posted By: Salmon Re: TV competitions query - 9th Nov 2012 3:11pm
I have never been tempted because I always imagine that apart from the cost of the text, they always say no more than ???, they then have your number and would plague you with calls etc.Also of course the answers are so simple that presumably millions enter so the odds are astronomical.
As regards entering online, there must be a catch other than the obvious one that they have your details but I don't know what.
On the other hand if you don't enter you have no hope of winning.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: TV competitions query - 9th Nov 2012 3:46pm
Ive entered loads online, not won anything but i imagine there are a huge number of entries.

Not been harassed either. They ask for email and phone number.
Posted By: saltytom Re: TV competitions query - 9th Nov 2012 4:39pm
Having never entered one, but know a lady who has entered everyday for years never won anything.
If my memory is still working Tv competition law changed that the question must be able to be answered by the majority of viewers to avoid people being excluded.Even people who watch Jeremy Kyle have a chance of answering.
Posted By: Norton Re: TV competitions query - 9th Nov 2012 5:29pm
I thought Jeremy Kyle asked questions like -
"Have you been unfaithful?" or
"Have you slept with anyone else?"

And the hardest of the lot -
"Who's the father?"

A lot of people on his show find them hard to answer, and often get the answer wrong!!
Posted By: TheDr Re: TV competitions query - 9th Nov 2012 5:38pm
Te questions are "easy" so that the majority can enter.

From memory it's something to do with the gaming laws, if they just enter and are picked at random then it's gambling (you pay for the text, you may win a thousand pounds), however with the "question", however easy it may be, it then becomes a game of "skill" and is exempt.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral