Forums
Posted By: ResearcherTony Oliver Twist - 15th Dec 2011 2:09pm
Currently watching oliver twist, Charles Dickens was a great writer, they way he portrayed the working class and workhouse was spot on.

However makes you think in this age how he supposed poor who do not work and claim benefits are not that bad off especially those who work on the side.

such a sad story tho, i have to write about something simular for my independent study.
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Oliver Twist - 17th Dec 2011 3:47pm
David Copperfield was reckoned by some to be Dicken's disguised autobiography. I've been to his house in Portsmouth. (CD's that is-not DC's!!)
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: Oliver Twist - 17th Dec 2011 3:56pm
I seen Bleak House where he stayed in broadstairs its amazing, well its were he wrote bleak house
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Oliver Twist - 17th Dec 2011 6:38pm
The one thing Dickens missed out, though, was when David Copperfield emigrated to the USA with Dora Spenlow and became a world-famous illusionist and magician. His amazing feats, like making the Empire State building disappear gave rise to the popular expression "How the Dickens did he do that!"
Posted By: Salmon Re: Oliver Twist - 17th Dec 2011 8:55pm
Reminds me of the story of the woman doing a crossword who asked "Charles who the Dickens wrote Oliver Twist".
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Oliver Twist - 18th Dec 2011 1:37am
:-) Very punny!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral