Forums
Posted By: LarryLaffer Sci Fi Movie Thread - 25th Nov 2011 1:21am
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (2012)

As Johnny Blaze hides out in Eastern Europe, he is called upon to stop the devil, who is trying to take human form.

Wrath of the Titans (2012)

Perseus embarks on a treacherous quest into the underworld to rescue Zeus, who has been targeted for capture by his traitorous son, Ares, and his brother, Hades.

The Avengers (2012)

The S.H.I.E.L.D. agency brings together a team of superhumans to help save the Earth from annihilation by extraterrestrial invaders.

Posted By: LarryLaffer Re: Sci Fi Movie Thread - 25th Nov 2011 1:25am
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011) 16 December 2011 (UK)

Sherlock Holmes and his sidekick Dr. Watson join forces to outwit and bring down their fiercest adversary, Professor Moriarty.
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Sci Fi Movie Thread - 25th Nov 2011 1:31am
Can't wait for Sherlock Holmes 2!! LOVE the first one!

Planning on seeing Ghost Rider 2, the first one was really good.

The Avengers looks awesome! Will be seeing that!

What's with all these greek, zues films lately? Not that I'm complaining, Clash of the Titans and Immortals are both amazing!
Posted By: LarryLaffer Re: Sci Fi Movie Thread - 25th Nov 2011 1:32am
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol 26 December 2011 (UK))

The IMF is shut down when it's implicated in the bombing of the Kremlin, causing Ethan Hunt and his new team to go rogue to clear their organization's name.
Posted By: LarryLaffer Re: Sci Fi Movie Thread - 25th Nov 2011 1:33am
Originally Posted by GrandMasterFlash
Can't wait for Sherlock Holmes 2!! LOVE the first one!

Planning on seeing Ghost Rider 2, the first one was really good.

The Avengers looks awesome! Will be seeing that!

What's with all these greek, zues films lately? Not that I'm complaining, Clash of the Titans and Immortals are both amazing!

did u seepercy jackson 1? i hope they do the whole pack, im tring to read them when i get time
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Sci Fi Movie Thread - 25th Nov 2011 1:35am
Ooo no I'll have to have a marathon and get to know them all better grin
Posted By: LarryLaffer Re: Sci Fi Movie Thread - 25th Nov 2011 1:36am
deffo worth reading.
Posted By: LarryLaffer Re: Sci Fi Movie Thread - 25th Nov 2011 1:39am

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) - [3D re-release] feb 2012

The star wars saga begins again in 3d
Posted By: LarryLaffer Re: Sci Fi Movie Thread - 25th Nov 2011 1:43am

Prometheus (2012)

Action|Drama|Horror|Sci-Fi

A team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.
Posted By: LarryLaffer Re: Sci Fi Movie Thread - 25th Nov 2011 1:46am

G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation (2012)

Action|Adventure|Sci-Fi|Thriller

The G.I. Joe team faces off against Zartan, his accomplices, and the world leaders he has under his influence.

Director:
Jon M. Chu

Stars:
Channing Tatum, Dwayne Johnson, Ray Park, Bruce Willis, Byung-hun Lee, Ray Stevenson, Adrianne Palicki, Arnold Vosloo
Posted By: LarryLaffer Re: Sci Fi Movie Thread - 25th Nov 2011 1:50am
Star Trek 2 Has A Release Date and Will Be Released In 3D

“Star Trek” film will have a release date of May 17th 2013. That’s right! In only a year and a half from now, we’ll be sitting in a movie theater watching the sequel to the widely popular re-boot/re-launch of the “Star Trek” franchise. And not only will we be sitting in a movie theater, we’ll be wearing 3D glasses, ready to enjoy the movie.

Along with the release date, an announcement of the sequel being released in 3D, which seems like a common practice these days.

Director J.J. Abrams will be back, ready to helm the potential blockbuster and will be four years since he was captain of the production. There has been some debate whether or not four years is too long of a time between movies. I say, absolutely not. There’s four years separating “The Dark Knight” and “The Dark Knight Rises,” and no one seems to complain about that. The fact of the matter is, Abrams wanted to make “Super 8″ between the “Star Trek” movies and he also had his hands full with some failed TV shows on NBC, but now he’s back!

Writers Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, and Damon Lindelof and will be back, ready to punch out a script and all the key cast members will be back on the USS Enterprise bridge, which include Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban, Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg, John Cho and Anton Yelchin. MTV News confirmed that actor Benicio Del Toro is in negations to play the villain in the new “Star Trek” film but there is no confirmation who the villain will be. There are rumors that it may be KAHNNNNN!!

“Star Trek 2″ will hit theaters on May 17th 2013 in 3D.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Sci Fi Movie Thread - 25th Nov 2011 3:01am
well aware of new gi joe via the rocks twitter. I want 2 see another series of the event or heroes
Posted By: Snickas Re: Sci Fi Movie Thread - 25th Nov 2011 9:31am
deffo cannot wait to see most of them, especially The Avengers and the new Star Trek (even though that one is a very long wait). Ghost Rider 2 is deffo as well, loved the 1st one.

I'm always at the cinema! lol
Posted By: LarryLaffer Re: Sci Fi Movie Thread - 25th Nov 2011 11:47am
Ive been excited ever since i got ind of the avengers movie, all them super heroes in 1 film!!!
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Sci Fi Movie Thread - 25th Nov 2011 12:02pm
this is what im waiting for

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=73281
Posted By: LarryLaffer Re: Sci Fi Movie Thread - 25th Nov 2011 12:11pm
Originally Posted by jabber

looks really good that one jabber, every kids dream to gain super powers
Posted By: LarryLaffer Re: Sci Fi Movie Thread - 25th Nov 2011 11:27pm
here u go jabber

Plot: The film is supposed to start in the year 2058, where an archaeological dig reveals that humans were genetically designed creatures by Space Jockeys, an alien race. The Space Jockeys also made it so that Earth was habitable. The dig reveals the coordinates to the aliens’ home planet, and the Weyland Corporation send out a ship called Prometheus to make the first contact. When the crew reach the planet, the aliens welcome them, proud of their creations, and the aliens tell the crew about their bio-based technologies. Of course, someone in the crew thinks there just isn’t enough being revealed, so he decides to steal the “bio-source” code, the thing that the alien gods have used to create life. However, the gods do not think the humans are equal to them, so they unleash a monster they use to “clean up” the worlds before colonization. However, the humans manage to turn the monster on the aliens, creating smarter, more uncontrollable creatures that could destroy “Paradise”. The members of the crew who manage to escape board the Prometheus and leave the planet. However, one alien god has survived and is intent on destroying Earth.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral