Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ gOOD UNKNOWN FILMS - 29th Aug 2010 8:36am
Hi all, starting this thread for anyone who`s into films to post (in their opinion GOOD FILMS) them here, but theres a twist.
This is for films that are unheard of, not your average `shawshank`,`freddy` or `gone in 60 secs`.

I`ll start off by posting this true life documentary called Dear Zachery:A letter to his son about his father.

IMDB Score 8.6/10

In 2001, Andrew Bagby, a medical resident, is murdered not long after breaking up with his girlfriend. Soon after, when she announces she's pregnant, one of Andrew's many close friends, Kurt Kuenne, begins this film, a gift to the child. Friends, relatives, and colleagues say warm and loving things about Andrew, home movies confirm his exuberance. Andrew's parents, Kathleen and David, move to Labrador where the ex-girlfriend has gone. They await an arrest and trial of the murderer. They negotiate with the ex-girlfriend to visit their grandchild, Zachary, and they seek custody. Is there any justice; is Zachery a sweet and innocent consolation for the loss of their son?
watch the trailer (anyone wanting torrent links pm me)

[youtube]OtyY0CXdiNo[/youtube]
Posted By: camaroz Re: gOOD UNKNOWN FILMS - 6th Sep 2010 5:34pm
Great idea, let other peeps know what they're missing..

OK, heres my contribution: Pontypool(2008)
(everyone I try to talk about it, have never heard of it frown )

IMDB Rating:6.8/10

Synopsis The film is set in a radio station in Pontypool, a small village in Ontario, Canada, where one day the morning team starts taking reports of extreme, bloody incidents of violence occurring in town. As the story unfolds, the radio staff soon realizes the violence that is ripping society apart is due to a virus being spread through the English language. That in turn poses a problem for a yappy radio jock and his staff holed up in the broadcast booth housed in the basement of the town's abandoned church as a slaughter rages beyond its walls.

[youtube]Ehq2a8lum_4[/youtube]
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: gOOD UNKNOWN FILMS - 6th Sep 2010 6:06pm
Seen that! Dead snow is a good less known zombie film
Posted By: PeteC Re: gOOD UNKNOWN FILMS - 6th Sep 2010 6:46pm
I saw Bear Island a while a go (although it's been on TV recently) and I found it a refreshing change to the slickness of modern movies. Wiki
It got panned by the critics, but it's worth watching if you like James Bond or Alistair MacLean type films.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: gOOD UNKNOWN FILMS - 6th Sep 2010 7:12pm
centurion
by
Neil Marshall

great film about the romans taking a beating from the picts cool
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: gOOD UNKNOWN FILMS - 6th Sep 2010 7:14pm
The Objective
science fiction horror film, directed by Daniel Myrick,

Plot

In Ghazni Province, Afghanistan, a Special Forces team meets CIA Agent Benjamin Keynes, who explains their mission to find a very important Afghan cleric by the name of Mohammad Aban. The team leader, Wally Hamer sends the men to ready themselves. After being inserted, the team finds a local guide, Abdul, in a village in Southern Afghanistan, where the cleric is from. Together, they set out for the mountains, where the cleric is reputed to be hiding.

As they head further into the mountains, they begin to have strange encounters, first with armed gunmen, who simply disappear when shot, later with strange forces. The further they go, the more dangerous it becomes, as the team realizes that they are looking not for someone, but something that may not be of this world.

corker of a film smile
Posted By: scoops Re: gOOD UNKNOWN FILMS - 18th Sep 2010 12:33am
Originally Posted by camaroz
Great idea, let other peeps know what they're missing..

OK, heres my contribution: Pontypool(2008)
(everyone I try to talk about it, have never heard of it frown )

This is on the horror channel right now or at 1:50 on horror channel +1.
I'm watching Zombie Virus on Mulberry Street (aka. Mulberry Street) on +1 now, it's another undiscovered zombie gem wink
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: gOOD UNKNOWN FILMS - 18th Sep 2010 12:43am
Me 2 lol!
Posted By: scoops Re: gOOD UNKNOWN FILMS - 18th Sep 2010 12:45am
Lol, you gonna watch Pontypool too?
At least Cam will have 2 people to talk to about it if you do wink lol
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: gOOD UNKNOWN FILMS - 18th Sep 2010 12:49am
Seen it b4 its ok i think dead snow is 1 of the best zombie films.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: gOOD UNKNOWN FILMS - 18th Sep 2010 1:16am
Dead mans shoes.

A disaffected soldier (Considine) returns to his hometown to get even with the thugs who brutalized his mentally-challenged brother (Kebbell) years ago.

Well worth a watch!!

Also torrent sites PM for details.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: gOOD UNKNOWN FILMS - 18th Sep 2010 1:23am
Thats been on film 4 a few times.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral