Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Watchdog - 10th Sep 2009 3:00pm
Back on tonight at 20:00 on BBC One chaps... and if we remember, on the final episode of the last series, they said it would be returning in a fresh new format for the next series.

I wonder what it will be like, I hope it's not too radical, and does not try to be too trendy or dumb things down to Blonde-bimbo level or anything, it was pretty good as it was imho.

But I also hope the BBC arnt expecting bumper ratings no matter what they have done with it, putting it on at 20:00 on a Thursday night, will pit it directly against ITV1's new football-induced "soap hour". They would have been better putting it on during the otherwise dead Wednesday night schedule, which is now fruitless with Champions Shit on ITV1 for most of the year!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Watchdog - 10th Sep 2009 8:55pm
Well that was a bit disappointing to be honest, most of the old crew gone, I think they have paid their combined salaries to get Anne back! No wonder Nicky looked so sad and as if he was about to cry at the end of the last series, they didnt hint that him, Julia and Paul would'nt be returning for the new series.

Can see why they have integrated Rogue Traders into Watchdog, though I feel it may somewhat have a negative effect on the viewers for RT as a lot of people like that, but not so much Watchdog, and they have not advertised that RT is airing within Watchdog.

Prefer the old report style if im honest, and still believe they have got the scheduling well out, Watchdog/Rogue Traders Vs Football, it's obvious what the ratings winner will be, Watchdog/Rogue Traders Vs Emmerdale/Corrie, they don't stand a chance!!

Ah well, we shall see how long it lasts, they have re-scheduled it a few times over the past few years!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral