Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Damn!! - 29th Oct 2008 10:32pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7698539.stm

I think its a bit wrong to join a show like this if you only intend to serve for 3 series... given the limited amount of timelords they can have!!

Bring back Christopher Eccleston I say!! Whoever they bring in though, get the gits on a 5 series minimum contract!!

frown
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Damn!! - 29th Oct 2008 10:38pm
Knowing them, theyll find a way to give him more lives...they did it with the master...

Not being a real fan of the new series (nothing like the old ones anyway) I can voice my hatred at David Tenant..making it all camp and fun. Eccleston was much much better...funnier and darker in a better way.

Following the events in some of the episodes this last series...theyre gonna have to stitch some amazing ideas in the next 4 to stop them becoming a farce.

And if youve seen the person playing "The Doctor" in the Christmas episode....hed better not become the official one... cos it looks like it could be ruined.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Damn!! - 29th Oct 2008 10:44pm
There was unfortunatly rumors going around on Digital Spy not so long ago that Tennant was going after the 2009 specials, and that the guy playing The Master (John Simm iirc) would be Tennants replacement... I hope not as he was utter shite as The Master imho!!!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Damn!! - 29th Oct 2008 10:52pm
Yep I heard that as well, and agree. You can never beat the original Master...

It was a good idea to bring him back, but the story it followed was shocking...

Original Dr Who >>>> Current Dr Who
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Damn!! - 29th Oct 2008 10:58pm
Eccleston was the best Doctor, was a crying shame when he left... and yes, I watched the old ones and enjoyed them; id say Pertwee was my fave out of the old ones by a mile!!

Eccleston had everything, he could be humorous, but was also very dramatic and mysterious. Brilliant actor, always has been in everything I have seen him in.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Damn!! - 30th Oct 2008 12:17am
OK - I would absolutely love Tennant to stay but at the same time I would also like someone new. It has to happen - this is the very heart of the Whovian universe (didn't realise there were other disciples on here!). Anyway. I would love to see David Morrissey in the role as he was fantastic against Tennant in Blackpool. But it won't happen will it if he is in the xmas special already - shame.
I just hope that RTD never gets his way and puts the lad who played Alonso from sh*t kylie special in command of the TARDIS. I will personally run him down like a dog in the road if this happens.

Come on Mr Moffat - do your best. I'd also say yes to Nesbitt even though its a controversy.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Damn!! - 30th Oct 2008 12:48am
I think Matty should go for it.... Scouse Doctor running round in a Liverpool top and Trackies...Battling Daleks and Cybermen...

Sounds like a recipe for awesomeness
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Damn!! - 30th Oct 2008 12:49am
Or....better than that,....

Pomp !!!!!!!!

The Doctors always getting lost in time and Space, perfect Replacement laugh
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Damn!! - 30th Oct 2008 12:54am
Pomptastic sure gets my vote!!

But fook, he stuggles to make sense of a pocket calculator, can you imagine him trying to use the TARDIS?!!!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Damn!! - 30th Oct 2008 12:56am
When has the doctor ever been able to work the tardis??

It coould be the first Series to have companions who are possibly more tuned in than the doctor.

"Doctor Look out, its a Dalek !!!"

"Oh.....erm.....wheres my errr.....you know......"

"Sonic Screwdriver??"

"Yea yea yea...thats the one. Chip anyone ??"

Think of the wacky/zany adventures they could all have raftl raftl
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Damn!! - 30th Oct 2008 12:58am
raftl raftl
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Damn!! - 30th Oct 2008 7:18pm
OK - let's have a poll.

Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: Damn!! - 30th Oct 2008 7:19pm
dr Hilary jones
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Damn!! - 30th Oct 2008 7:20pm
is my poll actually working?
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Damn!! - 30th Oct 2008 7:38pm
what about donna? catherine tate after all she is doctor donna? part timelord part human?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Damn!! - 30th Oct 2008 8:54pm
Out of them name, Sean Pertwee by far gets my vote, but how about Sean Bean, he would make a great doctor imho, very similar acting style to Eccleston.

smile
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Damn!! - 31st Oct 2008 3:39am
Your Poll doesnt seem to be workin...but I deffo agree wuth Seah ertwee out the lot......

SEAN Bean is way to cool for Doctor Who sorry....leave him as Sharpe....is all I can say
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Damn!! - 31st Oct 2008 9:44am
an someone please make me a poll with those names in? They are apparently the ones that the bookies are taking bets on. I want David Morrissey. I think the fact that he's there at Christmas is deadly obvious - that its either him or not at all. lol Sometimes they do stuff right under our noses.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Damn!! - 31st Oct 2008 10:11am
done smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Damn!! - 31st Oct 2008 1:32pm
Voted smile
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Damn!! - 31st Oct 2008 7:34pm
thanks joe
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Damn!! - 31st Oct 2008 7:39pm
voted! but would like to see john simms?
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: Damn!! - 1st Nov 2008 12:14am
Not a dr who fan but Sean Pertwee is a legend! His part in 51st state tickled me!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral