Forums
Posted By: MGCraig Flyboys !! - 25th Aug 2008 5:21pm
[Linked Image]

Ive just watched this film, and immediately ordered it from Play.com.

Its set in WWI, when a brace of Young Americans want to help out in the war in Europe, before America itself finally enters the fray. The film lacks a lot of Historical Integrity, such as, every German Plane in the film is a Red Fokker DRI Triplane (There were only ever 4 of these, and they were all flown by the Red Baron and his Jasta) and also, the planes featuring in the film were all Rotary engined, yet the engines dont seem to turn when the propellors do smack

However, its a ridiculously enjoyable film, and all the Dogfighting scenes are very exciting and edge of the seat. The mix of Special effects, and actual flying models of these 92 year old aircraft (92 !!!!!) is Tremendous. There arent enough WWI films these days.

Id recommend this film Definately to any Budding Biggles Fans out there, and also to anyone (Familys etc) who are after an enjoyable, fast action packed film, that doesnt need to swear or show gratuitous Sex and Violence. Je vois Tout!!

[youtube]iadhHK0i5EU[/youtube]

Also, a new German film has just ben released called "Der Rote Baron"... Based on the life on the Red Baron, looks fantastic. Keep an eye out for it !!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Flyboys !! - 25th Aug 2008 6:34pm
lloks good, were did you watch it
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Flyboys !! - 25th Aug 2008 6:41pm
withthat yumyum
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Flyboys !! - 25th Aug 2008 6:43pm
I watched it online Here....

It gives you a choice of how many parts you watch it.
I selected the 4 part option, but if you go for that, be aware that Part 3 and 4 are the wrong way round (So load 1,2,4,3.)
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Flyboys !! - 25th Aug 2008 6:44pm
ah nice one bud smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Flyboys !! - 25th Aug 2008 6:51pm
nice one Craig bud
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Flyboys !! - 25th Aug 2008 6:55pm
Id describe the film as being a Less Sickly, more interesting/exciting portrayal of a specific period of war, than Pearl Harbour.

Oh, and doesnt take 3 hours to tell a story that everyone knows, just because its trying to be epic, which makes it better than that pile of Crap anyday !!

Also, if interested, I got it off Play.com for £4.99!!!!!!
Thats an absolute steal
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Flyboys !! - 25th Aug 2008 7:36pm
happy
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Flyboys !! - 25th Aug 2008 11:03pm
Watch it??

I noticed it went quiet after I posted the link.

Im really up for watching it again tho actually...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Flyboys !! - 26th Aug 2008 12:48am
watch this before it was gr8 ye i would watch it again too. nice one craig
© Wirral-Wikiwirral