Forums
Posted By: MattLFC The Wicks Family To Leave Eastenders - 18th Aug 2007 4:32pm
Originally Posted by Digital Spy
EastEnders actor Phil Daniels has quit the BBC soap after nearly two years.

The 47-year-old – who joined the cast as Kevin Wicks in September 2005 – has decided not to renew his contract, provoking Walford executives to axe his on-screen children, Carly and Deano (played by Kellie Shirley and Matt Di Angelo).

Diane Parish – who plays Daniels' screen wife Denise – will also make a temporary exit at the same time while she has a baby in real life.

Speaking of his decision to quit, Daniels told The Sun: "EastEnders has been an absolute pleasure, but it was always my intention, after two years in the job, to move on and do other things.

"I'd like to thank all on the Square for making my stay such fun."

Well Carly is annoying and Deano is a blert, but Kevin is an ace character imo, although hes a crap actor when it comes to being serious, he's great when the scenes involve comedy.

I wish they had stayed tbh though, EE are getting through far too many characters in the last few years.

Digital Spy Report
Posted By: fordsteve Re: The Wicks Family To Leave Eastenders - 18th Aug 2007 8:02pm
lol no what you mean when ever there anything serious alway waiting for him to come out with something funny
Posted By: jonah Re: The Wicks Family To Leave Eastenders - 19th Aug 2007 7:59am
I wish they had stayed tbh though, EE are getting through far too many characters in the last few years.

thats cos its crap mate... i mean come on, a programme about the lives of a load of old moanin cockneys who are never happy, and kill each other. And long lost family members turn up out the blue, no ones evere heard of them before, yet they can just step right into a job.... Its no where near reality, its just utter pap ! grin
Posted By: MattLFC Re: The Wicks Family To Leave Eastenders - 19th Aug 2007 11:12am
You name me a single programme other then corrie that has consistently more viewers then Eastenders and I will accept that theory...

Its not crap, its entertainment, okay so it doesnt have the grandure and the un-realism that US drama's have, and it doesnt really reflect real life in the amount of things that happen, but it does deal with real life issue's that are going on in the real world, and it does do this very well.

It's one of the few current light drama type programmes on the whole spectrum of channels that is even worth bothering with nowadays.

wink
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: The Wicks Family To Leave Eastenders - 19th Aug 2007 4:58pm
would rather watch corrie or emmerdale lol... got no choice tho, bird always watches em!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: The Wicks Family To Leave Eastenders - 19th Aug 2007 5:04pm
Emmerdale?? omg

That makes me fall asleep, talk about unrealistic, that show may as well be a comedy/dreamland show, it deals with ZERO real life issues lol.

I av to watch it when I go to me mums of an evening, and its just pathetic, there about 20 people who live in a secluded little village yet theres more going on then there is in Corrie and EE put together... it even makes Brookside look good lmao (and im talking about when Brookside in the 2000's when it was at its lowest point lol).

Corrie and Eastenders are sooooo much more realistic and deal with issues that actually happen in real life.

smile
Posted By: jonah Re: The Wicks Family To Leave Eastenders - 19th Aug 2007 6:27pm
lol matt i just hate soaps in general, think they all poo, not just eastenders.... grin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral