Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Cast Away Ends With A Lousy 1.9 Million - 29th May 2007 4:29pm
Originally Posted by Digital Spy
The final episode of BBC's Castaway brought in just 1.9 million viewers and a 10.9% share last night.

Contestant Jonathan Shearer was named the winner of the series, but the show's viewing figures were down significantly on the channel's slot average for the year of 5 million and a 25.9% share.

Castaway's opening episode attracted 4.1 million at 9pm on March 9, and has turned out to be the top rated of the series. The series has averaged 2.2 million viewers per episode, with an 11.7% share.

Viewers have dropped away over its run, with the BBC moving the show to 7pm and shortening episodes mid-series in order to win back its audience.

It was absolute bollocks imho. I waited like many people in anticipation for when the BBC would do another one for 6 years and it turned out to be a total let down and had so little in common with the original Castaway it should never have been called it.

It was never about survival or being "castaway", it was just the BBC trying to re-create Big Brother simple as.

I fear now there will never be another series, and its not only marked the death of the new format, but it means we will never see the old format either.

A real shame, it could have been something so special, just like the original! I only watched for the first couple of weeks and then became bored. Plus they kept changing the times, I noticed at least 4 time changes during the series. It went down the pan completely for me when they removed the BBC3 program.

The BBC have let themselves and the public down big time with it.

frown

Digital Spy Report
Posted By: Mark Re: Cast Away Ends With A Lousy 1.9 Million - 29th May 2007 4:44pm
I watched most of them, it wasnt the original.
I missed the last show frown

moaning hole john won then.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral