Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Eastenders Unhappy With Awards Panel - 28th May 2007 2:00am
BBC executives have complained that the British Soap Awards panel had an unfair amount of representatives from ITV.

EastEnders won just three awards at the ceremony last night, while ITV1's Coronation Street went away with six, leading to criticism of the panel from BBC chiefs.

A BBC source told the Daily Star Sunday: "The panel isn't fair. It's made up of executives from ITV as well as critics and representatives from each soap. But there isn't much impartiality and a lot of the voting is tactical. It's a bit of a fix."

An awards spokesman insisted: "It's a fairly-weighted panel. The other categories are all viewer voted."

In my honest opinion, Eastenders has been getting VERY boring over the last year or so, it used to be my favorite of the two main soaps, but nowadays its not something I am too bothered about missing except for the odd episode.

They kill off storylines prematurely, it gets very aggrivating the way they do it, and they drag on boring storylines for far too long.

They only have themselves to blame, bring back Andy Hunter I say!
Posted By: Mark Re: Eastenders Unhappy With Awards Panel - 28th May 2007 9:42am
He's dead isnt he?

I say Bring back MO !
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Eastenders Unhappy With Awards Panel - 28th May 2007 1:27pm
Yeah he is, Johnny Alan threw him off a bridge, but so was Dirty Den and they managed to pull that one off haha!

Whatever happened to Jake and his storyline with Ruby and Johnny Alan and Sean? Cas he wasnt actually killed, and was supposed to be coming back to finish of Sean for what he did to Ruby. I suppose its just another storyline they killed off!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral