Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Rock Ferry Siren - 8th Sep 2018 9:36pm
Anyone hear or know why a very loud siren was sounding out around Rock Ferry on wednesday around 10am. Seemed to go on for several minutes
Posted By: starakita Re: Rock Ferry Siren - 8th Sep 2018 9:59pm
I don't know but I heard it,thought it might of been something to do with Lairds
Posted By: MisterSmiff Re: Rock Ferry Siren - 8th Sep 2018 11:10pm
I heard it pretty much every week at that time when I lived in Dacre Hill, I believe there's a mandate to regularly test it. On a similar note, I recently found out why a more modern-sounding alert comes from the direction of Cammel Laird's outer basin - apparently, it's a warning for when the dockside cranes move on their tracks.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Rock Ferry Siren - 8th Sep 2018 11:27pm
I heard it, and having been born in 1942 it made my flesh creep.

I think it's from Stanlow.

There are probably not many of these warning sirens about now. The last one I can recall was where the Poulton Lancelyn estate is now, It was on a post at the side of the road, but is long gone now.

We'll probably get a warning by txt these day. "You have 4 minutes before nuclear Armageddon! (smiley emoji) Good luck! CU in hvn! MoD"

Posted By: Habdab Re: Rock Ferry Siren - 13th Sep 2018 11:56am
Really? You honestly think they'll even bother sending a text. Far better to just keep quiet and avoid all the panic.

The first thing you'll know about it is, "Oh look at that bright light and funny looking clou............"
© Wirral-Wikiwirral