Forums
Posted By: Greenwood Newsflash - Wirral's newest Retail Park - 18th Jul 2018 12:12pm
Laugh? I nearly cried... by the Red Cat in Greasby, where they built a Vets4Pets and a 'corner shop' Sainsburys on half the pub car park, a 'Red Cat Retail Park' sign has gone up. I mean, really? One pub, one shop and a Vet? All the 'real' shops are across the road, so they don't count. You'd want quite a lot more than that before you'd call anywhere a Retail Park. What are they thinking? Somebody somewhere has delusions of grandeur... it's a nice enough sign in itself, with a neat little cat graphic - but totally inappropriate for the location.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Newsflash - Wirral's newest Retail Park - 19th Jul 2018 11:47am
By becoming a bona fide retail park, they can apply for funding for tarting the place up perhaps?
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Newsflash - Wirral's newest Retail Park - 19th Jul 2018 1:34pm
There's honestly nothing to tart up - don't know what their reasoning is. It will be interesting to see what happens about it.
Wasn't planning permission refused recently for another retail unit there, perhaps they are "normalising" the idea that it is a retail park to increase the chances of expanding.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Newsflash - Wirral's newest Retail Park - 20th Jul 2018 9:42am
I'm sure there will be a reason for it. Possibly it gives them a reduction in business rates or something. Becoming a retail park for the hell of it is hardly something anyone would aspire to without some benefit, surely.
Posted By: granny Re: Newsflash - Wirral's newest Retail Park - 25th Jul 2018 9:40am
Apparently the knitting club threw a blanket over it last week.. raftl
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Newsflash - Wirral's newest Retail Park - 27th Jul 2018 6:07pm
Yup, that was us - just making our feelings known! We couldn't leave the blanket there as that would probably be an offence and we're a law-abiding bunch, but it did make us feel better.
What do they do if the pub changes it's name ? laugh
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Newsflash - Wirral's newest Retail Park - 30th Jul 2018 10:40pm
Well, that would be an ideal excuse to take the daft sign down! don't think it'll happen anytime soon though...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral