Forums
Posted By: fish5133 China farm Lane, Newton Blocked By Water - 2nd Apr 2018 3:08pm
China farm Lane, Newton Blocked By Water. Flood extending about 50m up and across the road just by China Farm. My lad egged me on to drive through but thought better of it even though got a mini urban tractor (Honda CRV). cars turning round so joined them. One brave soul decided to give it full belt through. Judging by grit box on aide of road a good 30cm of water
Happens every time it rains, amazingly enough it is not even in a "flood zone". In reality a small ditch is needed to drain the field but either this has never been done or its not been maintained.
Flooded again today and road is closed.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: China farm Lane, Newton Blocked By Water - 22nd Dec 2018 9:41pm
you have a good memory DD to remember this post from April. Surprised the farmer hasnt had a go to clear drainage ditch. They are usually quite resourceful chaps and like playing with their tractors and jcbs..
If only I could remember more useful stuff. I have an exceedingly poor memory of historic timescale or order, I thought this thread was about two or three years old, I was shocked to find it was this year.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral