Forums
Posted By: Ardneil Mount pleasant road, wallasey - 11th Jan 2018 10:45am
I'm new on here, so I don't know if it's been mentioned before but....the parked vehicles on this main road are a nightmare and an accident waiting to happen!
The cars are parked opposite a busy school and on a very busy road buses up and down all the time....you take your life in your hands when you try to dodge in between the parked cars and vans.....this is a new situation, it's only been happening in the last few months!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Mount pleasant road, wallasey - 11th Jan 2018 1:18pm
I agree it is quite a dangerous road, especially when there are parents walking with their kids in between parked cars and cars coming in both directions.

The cars are causing an obstruction and it's just as bad opposite captains pit just down the road with the parked cars.
Posted By: venice Re: Mount pleasant road, wallasey - 11th Jan 2018 2:08pm
Welcome to wiki Ardneil. Whats the reason for all the parking -is it to do with the school staff, or nearby shops, or just residential (I dont know the area ) You got any idea why its increased in the last few months? Is it all day or just school run time?
Posted By: Ardneil Re: Mount pleasant road, wallasey - 11th Jan 2018 4:35pm
It's down to new residents moving in and parking right opposite the school
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Mount pleasant road, wallasey - 11th Jan 2018 6:42pm
Most of Wirral is reaching saturation point.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Mount pleasant road, wallasey - 11th Jan 2018 9:31pm
Same problem at many schools, Greenleas Primary is possibly the worst I've seen, it makes black Friday at Walmart look like a session in solitary.

If people park on the double-yellows or zig-zag zone, report them to the police every time together with their registration number.

If there isn't significant illegal parking on the double yellows then that would seem to be the best place to cross rather than between vehicles.

Give me the "escape" time and I'll try and do some photographs sometime, illegal parking around schools is one of my favourite topics.
Posted By: venice Re: Mount pleasant road, wallasey - 11th Jan 2018 10:40pm
By the heck DD, you're up for some fun outings lol!
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Mount pleasant road, wallasey - 12th Jan 2018 12:53am
Or perhaps move the school to a new site where there is adequate parking?

Times change, and schools need to change with them. Parents choose to drive their kids to school these days. It is their choice. They pay for the school and the roads so should be in charge of how things are done.

When I was a child NOBODY got driven to school, but that is not a good reason to expect people to do the same these days. Today's parents and children are customers, and the customer is always right. Society needs to accommodate their wishes and lifetyle, not lecture them on how the old ways are always the best.

DD. I strongly advise you NOT to hang around schools brandishing a camera. Even hanging around schools without one is likely to be misinterpreted.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Mount pleasant road, wallasey - 12th Jan 2018 1:59am
Mount Pleasant Rd was considered dangerous back in the mid-80s when Weather head had 3 sites.

The red phonebox even more so wink
Posted By: Ardneil Re: Mount pleasant road, wallasey - 12th Jan 2018 9:45am
The situation has got far worse and dangerous now that residents right opposite the school have started to park on the main road! Which they didn't use to do. That means the road is impassable all the time unless you cross to the wrong side, and with constant traffic coming up the road it's very dangerous!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Mount pleasant road, wallasey - 13th Jan 2018 12:56am
Originally Posted by Ardneil
The situation has got far worse and dangerous now that residents right opposite the school have started to park on the main road! Which they didn't use to do. That means the road is impassable all the time unless you cross to the wrong side, and with constant traffic coming up the road it's very dangerous!
Let the Lovely Angela know. www.writetothem.com
© Wirral-Wikiwirral