Forums
Posted By: Dilly Frenchman - 2nd Aug 2017 12:12pm
Living in a tent at the bottom of Oakdale rd wallasey. He was tere a week or so ago for about 2 weeks and now has been back for the last couple of days. I went to see if he needed anything today as we could hear him calling out from where we are at work. He was quite distressed when I got there but calmed down a bit while I was there. Couldn't make out all he was saying but did catch the word cigarette. So off to the shop and bought a pack of tobacco and papers, he was so grateful. Rumour has it that he had a girlfriend here who has since thrown him out and now he wants to go back home to France but is stranded here. Anyone on here that speaks French could possibly go and talk to him. Would be good if we could understand his problem, then maybe we could help. Cheers
Posted By: cools Re: Frenchman - 2nd Aug 2017 12:22pm
Oh Dilly I was just about to say what a lovely and caring man you are regarding Frenchie then you go and say that about the Queen!!!!! I'll let you off know you are not into royals but good for you for caring about him. Would he be better going to a hostel or council? Maybe they could find a French group or something.
Posted By: granny Re: Frenchman - 2nd Aug 2017 12:47pm

Give these a call, Dilly. They may be able to offer some assistance or alternatively give advice or a contact for you .

http://wirralark.org.uk/about-homelessness/
Posted By: granny Re: Frenchman - 2nd Aug 2017 1:03pm
Originally Posted by granny

Give these a call, Dilly. They may be able to offer some assistance or alternatively give advice or a contact for you .

http://wirralark.org.uk/about-homelessness/

In the meantime, learn yourself some French , print them off and take them with you laugh

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dilly Re: Frenchman - 2nd Aug 2017 1:26pm
Cheers Granny smile . Have been on to the ark and they say they are already aware of his situation and they can't help him because he chooses to be there. Apparently them and the YMCA have offered to him help but he refuses it. Well I tried smile .
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Frenchman - 2nd Aug 2017 1:53pm

Attached picture Screenshot_20170802-145144.png
Posted By: starakita Re: Frenchman - 2nd Aug 2017 5:53pm
Wonder if it's the same Frenchman that was sleeping in a tent in Egerton Park.A friend of mine was telling me about him & said he had a girlfriend here but she threw him out.
Posted By: Trulyscrumpcious Re: Frenchman - 2nd Aug 2017 5:57pm
It sounds like you are a man with a similar heart to me caring and kind I hope he gets sorted out I'm sure he will , keep up the Good Samaritan work 👍
Posted By: Dilly Re: Frenchman - 2nd Aug 2017 6:41pm
Originally Posted by starakita
Wonder if it's the same Frenchman that was sleeping in a tent in Egerton Park.A friend of mine was telling me about him & said he had a girlfriend here but she threw him out.

Sounds likely Star, can't see there being two Frenchmen in the area with the same problems.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Frenchman - 2nd Aug 2017 7:22pm
Originally Posted by starakita

I heard that but that was ages ago (2 or 3 years?), perhaps its a regular occurrence?
Posted By: granny Re: Frenchman - 2nd Aug 2017 9:46pm

Well he should have learnt some English by now. I bet he's not French at all.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Frenchman - 2nd Aug 2017 10:01pm
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Originally Posted by granny

Well he should have learnt some English by now. I bet he's not French at all.

But granny he had a beret on and onions round his neck, there were empty snail shells all around his tent and I seen a 3 legged frog hopping around. What more evidence do you need that he is French ? smile
Posted By: Dilly Re: Frenchman - 2nd Aug 2017 10:04pm
And yes one more thing, he was watching Pepe le pew on his mobile smile
Posted By: granny Re: Frenchman - 2nd Aug 2017 10:15pm
Doesn't mean a thing Dilly. Kick him hard and see what he shouts at you .

Posted By: Excoriator Re: Frenchman - 3rd Aug 2017 5:25pm
There was a chap living in a blue tent in Rock Park a few months back. No idea if he was French or not. Someone said he was ex army and unused to living indoors though.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Frenchman - 6th Aug 2017 3:39pm
Thompsons Mission for a free breakfast and shower and clothing.. Maybe he is a secret millionaire recording all the random acts of kindness..... now where did you say he was!
Posted By: Dilly Re: Frenchman - 6th Aug 2017 3:45pm
Well if he is a secret millionaire he will have a lot of people to thank. He is being well looked after by a lot of good people, Great to see there are still a lot of them around.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Frenchman - 6th Aug 2017 8:52pm
Just found out my wife and son met him outside Asda earlier in the year..same story about girlfriend problem and after some smokes which my lad gave him. Definitely French as my wife said he was drinking coffee!
Posted By: Dilly Re: Frenchman - 8th Aug 2017 7:03pm
Our French friend seems to have upped and gone. Anyone spotted him camping elsewhere ?
Posted By: DavidB Re: Frenchman - 12th Aug 2017 9:46am
Is he still there? I speak French and going to France (driving) in a month.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Frenchman - 12th Aug 2017 9:58am
As in the post above yours. No he is no longer there !
Posted By: Dilly Re: Frenchman - 17th Aug 2017 12:36pm
He is back ! But now camping on the Wallasey side of Duke st bridge.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral