Forums
Posted By: derekdwc Armed police northend - 26th Jan 2017 3:10pm
Just been told armed police with machine guns at the new little estate just on thr left before reaching St James church if coming from Moreton
Helicopter overhead, unmarked polce car on the pavement and have seen several marked and unmarked? police cars driving onto the estate
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Armed police northend - 26th Jan 2017 3:46pm
Potential jay-walker spotted perhaps?
Posted By: casper Re: Armed police northend - 26th Jan 2017 4:33pm
Could have been there to make sure you got the right bus Ex. smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Armed police northend - 26th Jan 2017 6:20pm
Stolen car crash, one passenger injured and driver did a runner at St James's church.

Then there was a man stabbed twice by a gang of muggers in Oxton Village just after noon today.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Armed police northend - 26th Jan 2017 11:36pm
Then there was a man stabbed twice by a gang of muggers in Oxton Village just after noon today.

Frightening clip on BBC website about knife crime filmed in Liverpool.

Posted By: casper Re: Armed police northend - 27th Jan 2017 7:29am
It might help if there were a mandatory sentence for being in possession of a knife, the excuse that it is for protection is laughable, maybe a dedicated police anti gang unit, if the authorities don't act soon large parts of society will suffer, we already have gangs of what are basically children running amok and the police appear unable or unwilling to deal effectively with it.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Armed police northend - 27th Jan 2017 7:56am
Originally Posted by casper
Could have been there to make sure you got the right bus Ex. smile

That would be the bus to Liverpool, most likely!
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Armed police northend - 27th Jan 2017 12:26pm
What would be your chosen weapon against a knife carrying thug..given that the police take several minutes to arrive

gun?
baseball bat?
taser?
pepper spray?
rottweiller?
Donald Trump?
good pair of running shoes?
Posted By: cools Re: Armed police northend - 27th Jan 2017 12:38pm
Wonder if this poor lad in oxton was a victim of the same gang who beat up two young lads in Duck Pond park think it's in prenton. The punishments need to be more severe to these feral cowards who on their own would most prob be scared of anyone turning on them. Me I'd put them somewhere isolated with a few good sergeant Majors for a good while hard labour blow Human rights. Crime getting worse.
Posted By: Beethoven Re: Armed police northend - 27th Jan 2017 12:53pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
What would be your chosen weapon against a knife carrying thug..given that the police take several minutes to arrive

gun?
baseball bat?
taser?
pepper spray?
rottweiller?
Donald Trump?
As Clint Eastwood said in Pale Rider " There's nothin' like a a nice piece of hickory".
Posted By: starakita Re: Armed police northend - 27th Jan 2017 12:57pm
We've got these feral kids because they know they've got rights all thanks to the do gooder brigade telling parents they can't discipline their children ban smacking I mean a smack not a beating,These people have probably never had kids or their kids have been little angels & never done anything wrong,now thanks to the PC brigade we've got gangs running riot allover the place.saying that not all kids are bad.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Armed police northend - 27th Jan 2017 1:15pm
Originally Posted by starakita
We've got these feral kids because they know they've got rights all thanks to the do gooder brigade telling parents they can't discipline their children ban smacking I mean a smack not a beating,These people have probably never had kids or their kids have been little angels & never done anything wrong,now thanks to the PC brigade we've got gangs running riot allover the place.saying that not all kids are bad.
Totally agree with you on that one Star.
Well said x.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Armed police northend - 27th Jan 2017 1:42pm

gun?
baseball bat?
taser?
pepper spray?
rottweiller?
Donald Trump?

Baseball bat - look at the head, aim for the knees wink
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Armed police northend - 27th Jan 2017 2:01pm
The chances of it happening are so low that I could not be bothered to carry anything. You are more likely to shoot yourself or give yourself a squirt of pepper spray or drop a baseball bat on your foot by accident than to need it.

Why baseball bats anyway? This is the UK. Surely a cricket bat should be the first choice, or if you MUST have a baseball bat, kindly refer to it as a rounders bat.

So far I have had no difficulty in avoiding the Donald. Perhaps word of my refusal to perform at his inauguration has reached him and he is offended. Hope so anyway!
Posted By: snowhite Re: Armed police northend - 27th Jan 2017 3:39pm

gun?
baseball bat?
taser?
pepper spray?
rottweiller?
Donald Trump?
Donald Trump.He will send them to mexico and make them do some hard labour.....build that wall lol.
Posted By: casper Re: Armed police northend - 27th Jan 2017 7:49pm
Collar bone, hand rises to collar bone leaving the ribs open for second blow, then shins, a classical smooth Z action, with baton for the use of. shocked
Posted By: snowhite Re: Armed police northend - 27th Jan 2017 9:49pm
Collar bone, hand rises to collar bone leaving the ribs open for second blow, then shins, a classical smooth Z action, with baton for the use of. shocked
Would hate to get on the wrong side of you Casper lol.
Posted By: casper Re: Armed police northend - 28th Jan 2017 8:27am
Originally Posted by snowhite
Would hate to get on the wrong side of you Casper lol.

Was taught that a long time ago, doubt if it would be allowed now snowy, anyway I'am an old softy now.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Armed police northend - 29th Jan 2017 6:04pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Stolen car crash, one passenger injured and driver did a runner at St James's church.

blue Ford Focus, thought to have been stolen, which was spotted by police on Mercer Road just around 6pm on Wednesday.

My post was on Thursday 26th at 3.10 as it was happening

Not seen anything in the news about it and makes me think there may be something going on that we're not supposed to know what it was about
Posted By: Near_Oval Re: Armed police northend - 30th Jan 2017 9:19am
one of the two arrested in relation to the stabbing was reported as being 14 - really? barely a teen and already an arrest record linked to a stabbing - especially as the victim was stabbed in the back/buttocks - so obviously running away/in a defensive position at the time..... http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/in-your-area/teenage-boy-arrested-after-man-12525139
© Wirral-Wikiwirral