Forums
Posted By: teacherSue Travelling to Liverpool - 25th Jan 2017 10:49pm
Has anyone tried the public transport into Liverpool? I have a train to catch at Lime Street and don't want to miss it just because the buses aren't as regular as they predict. It's crazy but from Leasowe I'm probably going to have to set out before 9 to catch at train at 10.45. It looks like I'm going to either have to make a mad dash (I'm not fast on my feet)or have a very long wait at Lime Street. Perhaps I can get a lift to Birkenhead North and catch the bus which links with the New Brighton train.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Travelling to Liverpool - 25th Jan 2017 11:22pm
Have you had a look at Merseytravel journey planner? Depends where in Leasowe you live but you could probably get a bus into Liscard then the cross river bus over to Liverpool.
Posted By: teacherSue Re: Travelling to Liverpool - 25th Jan 2017 11:35pm
Thanks Salmon. I actually live in Moreton, but it's easier to get to Leasowe station than Moreton. I looked at the cross river buses, but with dragging a case along it's quite a walk from the bus stop to Lime Street. The bus replacement is better because it actually goes to Lime Street
Posted By: casper Re: Travelling to Liverpool - 26th Jan 2017 7:42am
Yes, bus replacement stops outside St Georges hall opposite the Empire Sue, but will be very busy at that time, but they are regular.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Travelling to Liverpool - 26th Jan 2017 10:20am
The bus replacements seem to be working well. I have travelled into and out of Liverpool several times via Birkenhead central since they started work and had little trouble. It seems to be heavily manned and well organised.

The other day I drove to New Brighton to drop my car off for its MOT, intending to travel back to Birkenhead North transfer to a bus to take me to Birkenhead central and onward by train towards Chester. Unfortunately, I got on the Liverpool bus at Birkenhead North, so went into Liverpool, transferred to the Birkenhead central bus there and arrived back at Birkenhead central in time to receive a text to say my car was ready to be picked up! I got the bus to Birkenhead north and thence by train to New Brighton to get my car.

It was all great fun, the buses were fast and frequent. I use a travel pass so the cost was zero, and I was not concerned about the time, but the lesson is if you are on a tight schedule, double check that you are taking the right bus! If you have your nose in a crossword, it is easy to make a mistake!
Posted By: tuther Re: Travelling to Liverpool - 29th Jan 2017 12:18pm
Need to get buses from conway park bus station, straight through to Liverpool, 1 stop. More than 1 bus
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Travelling to Liverpool - 29th Jan 2017 1:35pm
No 2 will do.
Posted By: teacherSue Re: Travelling to Liverpool - 29th Jan 2017 7:48pm
Thanks all. In the end I got the 407 from Moreton - but that was slow and involved a cold 10 minute walk. On the way back I got the replacement bus from outside St Georges & got a life from BH North - much easier and faster method.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral