Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Fire- Aldi Heswall - 7th Jan 2017 11:55am
Not sure how serious but believe store is closed and every one heading for Tesco.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Fire- Aldi Heswall - 7th Jan 2017 1:35pm
I'm sure this has happened before at that store?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fire- Aldi Heswall - 7th Jan 2017 10:20pm
Heswall has an Aldi?? Really....wonder how many customers pack their shopping in Waitrose 'bag for life' bags. Haha
Posted By: Mark Re: Fire- Aldi Heswall - 8th Jan 2017 3:40pm
Its off the high street rude, ive been in a couple of times i have to say the clientele are very well dressed and all the shelves are tidy.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Fire- Aldi Heswall - 8th Jan 2017 10:39pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Heswall has an Aldi?? Really....wonder how many customers pack their shopping in Waitrose 'bag for life' bags. Haha

They also have a Marks and Spencers which caters for the Lower Heswall clientele.

I usually go Aldi because the middle classes in the area all shop at Tesco so Aldi is not too busy.!

The charity shops in Heswall sell things dearer than you can buy new. What Subway is doing there beats me---lunch for the workers I suppose.
Posted By: venice Re: Fire- Aldi Heswall - 11th Jan 2017 5:30pm
I did look to see if Id lost some time and it was April 1st - but apparently all Aldi staff (everwhere) have been told to slow down on the tills. Some of them have been chucking our stuff across the scanners so fast , that literally sparks have flown , in one case starting a fire in an Aldi down South .Must say I dislike the speed they go sometimes although the queues do go down quickly , so I suppose I cant have it both ways --or maybe I can - they could have an extra till on instead laugh
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fire- Aldi Heswall - 11th Jan 2017 10:37pm
I thought- reading the blurb on the wall in Laird St Aldi that 'fast till experience' is a U.S.P of Aldi, a reason why they can keep their prices low.

Can't be fun for the workers though...
Posted By: granny Re: Fire- Aldi Heswall - 12th Jan 2017 12:09am
Originally Posted by venice
I did look to see if Id lost some time and it was April 1st - but apparently all Aldi staff (everwhere) have been told to slow down on the tills. Some of them have been chucking our stuff across the scanners so fast , that literally sparks have flown , in one case starting a fire in an Aldi down South .Must say I dislike the speed they go sometimes although the queues do go down quickly , so I suppose I cant have it both ways --or maybe I can - they could have an extra till on instead laugh

Couldn't agree more, Venice. They literally throw your shopping at you, get you out of the way a.s.a.p. Certainly no customer care. No way do I do a big shop there, far too stressful. Shopping is a punishment at the best of time, certainly don't need the additional battering.
Posted By: venice Re: Fire- Aldi Heswall - 12th Jan 2017 11:40pm
Maybe it is Rude, and I suppose the choice is ours whether we want to put up with it or not in exchange for cheaper prices.At least they do pay their staff better than most in exchange for working hard. Personally ,apart from that side of things being a bit of a hassle sometimes, I like Aldi, especially around Christmas with all the more unusual edible products they carry and extra especially AFTER Christmas when they are all half price or less lol. Just come back this evening with a luxury marked down stollen Mmmmmm - oh and a packet of Nero kale just to make me feel less guilty laugh
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fire- Aldi Heswall - 12th Jan 2017 11:52pm
I heard that Aldi staff have to pay their own taxes out of their wages- don't know if this is true though?

Re. reduced Stollen cake- I'm going to be smug and tell you that I resisted...was a struggle though!!! laugh Also, the 'plain' Christmas cake. My brain was like 'ooh, freeze it and ice/ decorate for next year' but my heart knew- I'll just eat the whole thing- a 'slither' at a time. Haha

© Wirral-Wikiwirral