Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Ex-Cons Door To Door Peddlars In Area - 12th Dec 2016 4:05pm
The so called ex convicts are doing the door to door salesmen rounds at the moment. Opening line "I am not dangerous!!!" Big sob story, fast talking and then try and flog you highly priced household goods that are not the best quality.
Cheap secateurs £7 (plastic naf)
2 Tea towels £8
Plastic smelly things for bins 2 for £5
Dusters £8

Pretty much the stuff you get from poundland..

They are willing to do a deal with you if your in need of cheap stuff but better to avoid.
Most don't have peddlars licences according to trading standards and they go around the country targeting different areas.
Posted By: casper Re: Ex-Cons Door To Door Peddlars In Area - 12th Dec 2016 6:14pm
I believe they were quite rude to a friend of ours, they start with the ex offender spiel and as you said I am not dangerous, but when our friend said no thanks I don't need anything, the lad replied "well aren't you lucky" absolutely no need for that response.
Posted By: venice Re: Ex-Cons Door To Door Peddlars In Area - 15th Dec 2016 11:23pm
What do youlot do when you get a person calling who is selling such things, but who waves a disability ID type of badge under your nose saying things like Im deaf , or deaf and dumb(and looks a bit odd) , and proceeds to try and verbally communicate in a struggling heart rending way to sell you something?

I had one today , but having been burned once before , years ago in a similar situation, I cut him short before he got started to do the sell , saying firmly but nicely , no thanks I dont buy at the door ---- at which point he bowed his head quickly , raised it as he turned away , mumbled some sound, whilst smiling and putting his fingers to and from his mouth as if blowing me a kiss-- and off to next doors. Thought he was taking the micky at first till I remembered that that gesture is 'thank you' in sign language , and suddenly I felt a bit of a heel!
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Ex-Cons Door To Door Peddlars In Area - 15th Dec 2016 11:48pm
Don't worry about it Venice. Like me I bet you didn't look at the so called ID card. If the goods they were selling were decent quality and price and I could make use then I might buy irrespective of the pater. What you said is just fine. They want to play on your emotions anyway.

Had the Geordie "memory foam mattress" guy driving around ask me today, while I was at someones house, if I wanted one at next to nothing. Learnt lesson from last time and didn't say anything just smiled and shook head.
Posted By: granny Re: Ex-Cons Door To Door Peddlars In Area - 16th Dec 2016 12:31am

Eastern Europeans,

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/pictu...ce-warn/story-28880753-detail/story.html
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Ex-Cons Door To Door Peddlars In Area - 16th Dec 2016 1:02am
I worry about our Elder Friends.....just don't open the door to any unexpecxted visitors.
Posted By: venice Re: Ex-Cons Door To Door Peddlars In Area - 16th Dec 2016 1:21am
[quote=granny]
Eastern Europeans,

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/pictu...ce-warn/story-28880753-detail/story.html [/quo

Ah, thanks granny, thats made me feel better !
Posted By: granny Re: Ex-Cons Door To Door Peddlars In Area - 16th Dec 2016 11:04am

Too late to 'worry', those who saw a mass influx from the Eastern EU as a positive thing , may now be able to understand why others, who probably had a bit more experience and understanding on how these people operate, were concerned. They bring their own morals and cultural differences with them.

We have to adapt because they are now the poor, living, begging and pickpocketing on the streets !
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Ex-Cons Door To Door Peddlars In Area - 16th Dec 2016 11:17am
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
I worry about our Elder Friends.....just don't open the door to any unexpecxted visitors.

With you on that one Rude
One of my pet hates like dog mess on the grass or pavements is elderly getting ripped off. Couple of my customers have fallen victims to the drive by hedge/tree trimmers charging £150 + for 20 minutes do FA work. Thing is they don't often get taken to court because they could argue that solicitors charge same amounts of money
© Wirral-Wikiwirral