Forums
Posted By: Uffda Overnight Burglary Wallasey Village - 29th Dec 2015 10:51am
Just a heads up for everyone, I was burgled last night in Wallasey Village. Climbed up the drainpipe while I was asleep alone, came through the open bathroom window, went downstairs and took my house and car keys. Police found my car on the Woodchurch in the early hours.

Lock your windows overnight folks.
Posted By: granny Re: Overnight Burglary Wallasey Village - 29th Dec 2015 11:24am
Uffda...that is dreadful I am so sorry. What a terrifying experience. Are you OK ?

Do you have someone local to you, that you can spend some time with ?

Not nice....really sorry for you.

Posted By: missmahjong Re: Overnight Burglary Wallasey Village - 29th Dec 2015 12:04pm
Not a nice experiance... feel for you ...B******* THEY ARE ...
Posted By: Salmon Re: Overnight Burglary Wallasey Village - 29th Dec 2015 12:16pm
Oh dear, so sorry to hear that Uffda, must be awful for you. I hope your car is ok and nothing else taken.
Posted By: casper Re: Overnight Burglary Wallasey Village - 29th Dec 2015 1:27pm
My sons car was hit last night in Wallasey Village toerags drove off, from what he saw of the car it was a dark coloured hatchback possibly red or maroon drove off with no lights on, just wondering if it could have been yours they had stolen.
Posted By: Uffda Re: Overnight Burglary Wallasey Village - 29th Dec 2015 1:48pm
Thanks for the support everyone. I hope my car wasn't the one that hit your son's car Casper. I'm a bit shaken as I've just found a knife taken from my kitchen drawer and left near to the door, presumably to wave at me in case I woke up. Have given the cats a stern talking to about their poor guarding performance! The Police said five lads were seen pushing my car which isn't a good sign as they had the keys and a full tank of petrol. There's also damage to the front driver's and passenger's doors so heaven know what they did with it. Hopefully 2016 will be better!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Overnight Burglary Wallasey Village - 29th Dec 2015 2:15pm
Good positive thinking uffda!! But iam sorry for the experience you have had. X
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Overnight Burglary Wallasey Village - 29th Dec 2015 2:19pm
Good old technology to help prevent this is steering locks, whilst they are beatable, generally the thieves won't bother, its just too much hassle.

The more people that get CCTV the better (stuff the civil liberties people).

It annoys me that ... get away with crimes like this and annoys me further that society hasn't developed to an extent where crime is negligible - bring back the death sentence for multiple offenders, if you can't deter them with punishments then get rid of them!
Posted By: snowhite Re: Overnight Burglary Wallasey Village - 29th Dec 2015 3:47pm
Sorry to hear this news.How low can ... get.
Best get your locks changed and keep your windows closed.

CCTV would be the next option.
Posted By: starakita Re: Overnight Burglary Wallasey Village - 29th Dec 2015 6:04pm
Sorry to hear this know the feeling,happened to us 5 years ago.Pinched my coat which had my keys in the pocket,only took small stuff but it was the inconvenience of changing locks & cancelling bank cards etc.
Posted By: Mark Re: Overnight Burglary Wallasey Village - 29th Dec 2015 6:05pm
O wow. . .

Gald your ok Uffda

thanks for the heads up, i'm sure others will be more wary for your experience.
Posted By: cools Re: Overnight Burglary Wallasey Village - 29th Dec 2015 7:09pm
Oh poor you Uffda, how terrifying for you...what a way to end the year. Hope you stay strong and don't let them win. Another thing for safety don't forget to double lock your door. A lot of people still just shut their front door and don't put all locks on...Best wishes to you x
Posted By: Uffda Re: Overnight Burglary Wallasey Village - 29th Dec 2015 7:10pm
Thanks everyone, locks are being changed as we speak and I won't be keeping the windows open anymore. Does anyone know where I can buy an attack alligator as the fat ginger tom cat was useless in home security!
Posted By: Giggler Re: Overnight Burglary Wallasey Village - 29th Dec 2015 10:18pm
Ah I`m sorry to hear that Uffda.

Maybe if you`ve got one you should put your alarm on at night and write it on an A4 piece of paper and leave it on the landing so you don`t forget.
If you let your cats roam downstairs maybe you could `part set it`. I have a sensor on my landing.

Horrible people. I really hope what goes around comes around.
Posted By: venice Re: Overnight Burglary Wallasey Village - 29th Dec 2015 11:13pm
Sorry to hear the news Uffda . I can only imagine how disturbing it must have been for you. My OH got hijacked one year on holiday , not quite the same, but it took him a while to get over it. Now he is **** hot on security , he even locks front and back doors whilst we are in or go to do something in the garage- even though we have a locking back gate. You sound so sensible and positive-I hope you can get back to normal quickly and start to relax again .
© Wirral-Wikiwirral