Forums
Posted By: BandyCoot Wing Mirror Smashers, Wallasey - 24th Nov 2015 3:04pm
Heard last night about a gang of girls going around in the Gorsey Lane area and smashing wing mirrors on a lot of vehicles. However, one of the victims has got them on video doing it. Justice will prevail eventually, one hopes.
Posted By: Mark Re: Wing Mirror Smashers, Wallasey - 24th Nov 2015 4:35pm
disgusting !!
Posted By: starakita Re: Wing Mirror Smashers, Wallasey - 24th Nov 2015 7:37pm
My friends mum lives round Liscard & some lad who lives in her road had his windscreen smashed on his BMW
Posted By: kazaroo Re: Wing Mirror Smashers, Wallasey - 24th Nov 2015 8:54pm
Great news that they have footage of it for the police to investigate. These people need to be accountable for their actions and pay up for the damage. Might make them think twice about going anywhere near peoples property that they go out to work for.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wing Mirror Smashers, Wallasey - 24th Nov 2015 9:19pm
Feral behaviour at others people's cost and inconvenience. Allocate them roads that they have to keep leaf free as punishment - I can thing of a few nice long ones with plenty of trees.
Posted By: joney Re: Wing Mirror Smashers, Wallasey - 25th Nov 2015 9:11am
Why do we still call them wing mirrors when they have not been on wings for many years.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wing Mirror Smashers, Wallasey - 25th Nov 2015 2:22pm
Originally Posted by joney
Why do we still call them wing mirrors when they have not been on wings for many years.

Why do we call them "wings" on cars? Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Wing Mirror Smashers, Wallasey - 25th Nov 2015 3:00pm
Wing mirrors - well they do give a view down the right and left wings.

Posted By: Excoriator Re: Wing Mirror Smashers, Wallasey - 27th Nov 2015 12:06pm
This happened our way a few years back. New year's day saw almost every car along one side of the road with the wing mirrors kicked off by a reveller in a state of careless rapture. In some cases, so violent had the kick been that it had torn the metal of the door.

I got off lightly. The mirror came off beautifully, evidently to the disappointment of the kicker who nevertheless continued his celebration by stamping on it and smashing it completely. Cost of replacement £280.

Although dozens of cars were affected, the police saved paperwork (and reduced the crime statistics) by classifying them all as a single incident.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Wing Mirror Smashers, Wallasey - 27th Nov 2015 9:19pm
Me and my mate caught a group of lads doing it years ago, one booted the wing mirror off mine. I smashed the wing mirror over his head and then booted him right up the arse haha.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral