Forums
Posted By: Near_Oval Terror arrests Wallasey - 1st Jun 2015 6:19pm
According to bbc merseyside twitter feed.

NEWS: 2 men arrested in anti-terror operation in Wallasey. North West Counter Terrorism Unit says house searches are ongoing.

Anyone hear anything?
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 1st Jun 2015 6:33pm
its in the wirral globe,37 yr old arrested ellary park wallasey.
Posted By: Near_Oval Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 1st Jun 2015 6:50pm
Cheers
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 1st Jun 2015 7:18pm
Can't find it- anybody got a link?
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 1st Jun 2015 7:42pm
Saw the Matrix, plain clothes and scientific support this morning. opposite the school.

K
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 1st Jun 2015 7:43pm
https://www.google.co.uk/#q=man+arrested+wallasey+terror
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 1st Jun 2015 8:29pm
Fankoo thumbsup
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 2nd Jun 2015 9:21am
Encouraging acts of terrorism via widely circulating publications of said material will carry a huge sentence.
Probably been spreading it all over the Internet.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 2nd Jun 2015 9:44am
A few years ago you could pick up a computer disk with something called Jolly Roger's Cook Book and The Terrorists Handbook on it. Computer Public Domain software libraries (mainly for Amiga, ST and PC) freely circulated it.

The contents were relating to payphone hacking, getting high from banana peel, making smoke bombs, exploding lightbulbs, and other general US based teenage pranks.

Its quite scary to think that I could be arrested for possessing a copy now or even talking about it. If you Google "Jolly Roger's Cook Book" you'll find the document online.

It even has a Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Anarchist_Cookbook
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 2nd Jun 2015 10:42am
I remember that gibbo, I think everyone who owned an Amiga had a copy laugh
Posted By: cools Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 2nd Jun 2015 3:04pm
Accident on The Smiler Ride at Alton Towers. Two carriages crashed, one was empty other had 16 people in. I don't, like those roller coaster rides, way too fast and scary for me. Hope everybody's ok...
Posted By: cools Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 2nd Jun 2015 3:06pm
Should have started a new topic there, sorry.....
Posted By: turnip Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 4th Jun 2015 7:10pm
I actually own a hard copy of the anarchists cookbook but I can catagoricall say that I'm not a terrorist
Posted By: Near_Oval Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 4th Jun 2015 7:20pm
I dont think that saying you arent exonerates you turnip? Tptb could determine you have had an inclination towards disseminating the contents of that printed 'terrorist' material.
Beware the dawn knock from the stormtroopers!!
wink
Posted By: dingle Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 6th Jun 2015 9:21am
Hi Turnip this may help you destroy the book, although a lighter or matches would be better...
Legality[edit]
The book was refused classification by the Office of Film and Literature Classification upon release, thus making the book banned in Australia.[14]
In 2007, a 17-year-old was arrested in Britain and faced charges under Terrorism Law in the UK for possession of this book, among other things.[15] He was cleared of all charges in October 2008, after arguing that he was a prankster who just wanted to research fireworks and smoke bombs.[16]
More recently, in County Durham, UK in 2010, Ian Davison and his son were imprisoned under anti-terrorism laws for the manufacturing of ricin, and their possession of The Anarchist Cookbook, along with its availability, was noted by the authorities.[17]
In 2013, renewed calls were made in the United States to ban this book, citing links to a school shooting in Colorado by Karl Pierson
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 6th Jun 2015 5:13pm
Oh what PATHETIC laws we have.

Nothing wrong with the book.

Terrorism? What a joke!
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 8th Jun 2015 9:09am
On a similar vein, I can highly recommend the book "The Radioactive Boy Scout". More details about him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hahn

In it is a lot of references to this book:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Book_of_Chemistry_Experiments

Harmless at the time but now banned because it explains how to make some questionable things (chloroform!) and perform some very dangerous practices - it actually tells you to sniff it carefully!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 8th Jun 2015 6:21pm
Did the fella have this handbook? Or was he in just in possession of Lefty material? Few anti bedroom tax leaflets lying about, maybe?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...xtremism-disruption-orders-david-cameron

Posted By: Dilly Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 9th Jun 2015 8:44am
We would be in deep shit if the police never took terrorism seriously no matter how trivial it may sound. It is a serious threat to this country.
Posted By: cools Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 9th Jun 2015 9:28am
Well said Dilly...
Posted By: snowhite Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 9th Jun 2015 9:53am
Originally Posted by Dilly
We would be in deep shit if the police never took terrorism seriously no matter how trivial it may sound. It is a serious threat to this country.
thumbsup totally agree.
The next police commissioner job vacancy that comes up......go apply for it Dilly.
I bet you wont put up with crap like this smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 9th Jun 2015 11:12am
Anybody is allowed to photograph and film in public places except the Police and Council's who have controls over how and what they can film and photograph in respect of anti-crime measures.

Do you ever get the feeling the criminals and terrorists are winning?
Posted By: chriskay Re: Terror arrests Wallasey - 9th Jun 2015 11:41am
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Or was he in just in possession of Lefty material? Few anti bedroom tax leaflets lying about, maybe?

Just the sort of thing which deserves a 20 year sentence. grin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral