Forums
Posted By: rover644 Bogus window cleaner - 21st Sep 2014 1:59pm
Just a heads up for everyone. We've had a bloke knocking saying he has cleaned our windows. A few months back this guy and his sidekick knocked asking if we needed a window cleaner. My wife agreed to give them a go but nobody ever came back to clean them. Then a few weeks back one of blokes knocked for money saying he had cleaned the windows. The day he claimed to have done them my wife was in all day and never seen anyone cleaning windows neither did my dogs who go bananas if anyone comes near our house. Anyway she decided to give him the £6 and specifically asked him to remove us from his non existent round. Last night around 9 o'clock there was a knock at the door and this bloke just stood there and said "windows". After arguing the toss with him he got a little threatening and after I told him we've had scaffolding around the house until a few days ago he decided to give up shouting some choice words in my direction. Amazingly he then knocked at the inlaws just round the corner trying the same scam with them. It's looking like he's doing to quite a few others around Victoria park/bebington road area and I'm guessing further afield. Anyway police been informed and their advice as is mine is to not give him a penny and call the poluce straight away.
Posted By: chris58 Re: Bogus window cleaner - 21st Sep 2014 2:20pm
Strangely enough weve had someone knock in the last half hr asking did we want a window cleaner. We have one already so sent him on his way. Im in Devonshire park area
Posted By: rover644 Re: Bogus window cleaner - 21st Sep 2014 2:31pm
I had another one knock a few days back he seemed ok but we've been put off to be honest. The one trying to scam people was younger around 35 ish short hair. Also had a thick local accent and had clearly either had a beer or something else
Posted By: svenlock68 Re: Bogus window cleaner - 22nd Sep 2014 12:37pm
Its funny there was a post a while ago and people moaned at me for not trusting or liking window men
You dont know who they are what they are or their past....why trust them round your house??
Im too vigilant .do my own.
This is why.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral