Forums
Posted By: hobbit73 Telephone scam - 4th Aug 2014 7:02pm
Just want to warn people mum had a phone call saying she had claimed ppi and if she bought £250 worth of vouchers she would get £2500 into her bank account, now the address he gave her to collect the vouchers was fake, reported to crime stoppers the number was an 020 number which is london, mum asked him to phone her back i then stepped in, told him that they were a scam and the address was fake he was adement it wasnt, but it was after me telling him over and over again that it was a scam and it was lucky my mum wasnt stupid enough to fall for it he then hung up, please be aware of this, just wish the goverment would do something about these stupid scams, there are vulnerable people out there that would fall for the these kind of scam, please becareful......
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Telephone scam - 4th Aug 2014 8:09pm
How would the Government stop people using the phone to scam people?. People commit murder but the Government cant stop them, so making a phone call may not be top of the Governments list.
Posted By: hobbit73 Re: Telephone scam - 5th Aug 2014 9:19pm
Very true ok so why not the phone companies they should get these numbers and block them before they take advantage of the elderly etc
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Telephone scam - 6th Aug 2014 10:32pm
Your on a losing streak. Telephone companies are only interested in making money and they don't care who rings who.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral