Forums
Posted By: Dodgy_Bob Garage, Liscard Road. Caught out! - 13th Jul 2014 10:06pm
Murco Garage, Liscard Road. Caught out!

Pretty certain I've caught out the night attendant at the Murco garage on liscard road stealing from customers.
At about 01:30 last night I went there for a half bottle of vodka and a bottle of pepsi, now I knew it would cost more than a general store or off licence, it's to be expected at 01:30 from a forecourt but when it was over £11 I smelt a rat, obviously the store is locked and you're served through a window so you can't see the goods or price tag on the shelf. So when he gave me less that £10 change from a £20 I asked for a receipt. He looked a little taken aback and panicked by this request but the EPOS was working as he'd just used it to scan the products and take payment, yet he didn't print a receipt, he shuffled around got what seems to be a emergency receipt pad and scribbled one out, bare in mind was only me at the window and I was the last transaction yet it looked like he was trying to figure out maths in his head, by this time there was a queue behind me so I just left.
Went back today and checked the prices on the shelves, now okay it came to £10.68 but I'd been charged £11.18, only 50p I know and that's not what bothered me it's that someone is abusing their position to pocket money off the public essentially theft. Queried this with the man on duty, he openly admitted that this isn't the first time he's had a similar report about the said attendant, the EPOS printer was in perfect working order and had been the previous night too, so no reason for a manual receipt and he brought up the transaction on the EPOS aswell, he claims he'll be looking into it and pulling the guy aside and challenging him but wether he'll be held to account and punished, well I doubt it. Evidently the attendant is using his position behind glass and without customers seeing the prices to nick a small amount of your money and pocket it himself, now I was sober and picked up on it, but the majority who use this garage Friday and Saturday nights are shall we say slightly inebriated and in such a state may not pick up on it and okay only 50p a time but that all soon adds up no reason he may not be pocketing upwards of £50 in total of OUR money each night and that really grinds my gears.
My advice is always demand a receipt especially when paying cash through the window on a night and let's catch this guy out again and again until we're rid of such light fingered pilferers.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Garage, Liscard Road. Caught out! - 14th Jul 2014 7:25am
Without trawling back through previous posts about this garage, wasn't it in the news a while back for dodgy card scams. Swiping customer's card details etc. ? sherlock
Posted By: danjaylai Re: Garage, Liscard Road. Caught out! - 14th Jul 2014 8:51am
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Without trawling back through previous posts about this garage, wasn't it in the news a while back for dodgy card scams. Swiping customer's card details etc. ? sherlock

Same owner, different garage I think.
The one with the card scam was one of his others on Leasowe Road.
He has a few - not to say they're all dodgey. I'd say staff to blame before any fingers are pointed at owner.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Garage, Liscard Road. Caught out! - 14th Jul 2014 9:30am
Ok. Thanks for that.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral