Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 6th Jun 2014 7:36pm

By Hillsborough Book Of Codolences
Royal Mail Workers at the Skelmersdale Depot have just released the following Statement re: delivering the S*n next week

next Thursday & Friday the S*n plan to send out through royal mail 22million copies of a world cup edition of the sun

Liverpool,Warrington and some CH postcodes are exempt from this,however as it stands the staff in Skelmersdale are being told we will have to deliver them

With the backing of the CWU this morning we informed them that if any copies of the sun cross the gates we will walk out

We've been urging people today to voice their concerns about this by ringing customer services

Any support would be greatly appreciated,lets stop 60,000 copies of that sh**e going out

Customer services number is 03457740740,get this around twitter ,facebook etc

DONT BUY THE SUN
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 6th Jun 2014 8:24pm
If its free, I hope I can get a copy.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 6th Jun 2014 8:37pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
If its free, I hope I can get a copy.
Pre-empted your response Zipper. Comes as no surprise. thumbsdown
Posted By: lauren_lfc89 Re: Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 6th Jun 2014 9:17pm
Short of Bog roll are ya Zipperclub?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 6th Jun 2014 10:44pm
http://www.locallife.co.uk/c-w/royal-mail-skelmersdale.asp?dispmode=review#review_form

Bit of a pain having to Register but handy link for phone-phobes x

JTF96
Posted By: clung22 Re: Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 6th Jun 2014 11:03pm
What a waste of a good tree . Don't buy the s*n
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 7th Jun 2014 12:47am
Would cost them a lot of money to post out 22 million copies wouldn't it.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 7th Jun 2014 1:05am
I think people make up these stories to give someone a chance to moan about The Sun.
Posted By: stu6278 Re: Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 7th Jun 2014 7:16am
Whatever your feelings on the Sun, Royal Mail workers are paid to deliver mail, not make value judgements based on its contents.

Who would be happy if their local postie started deciding what mail got delivered based on his or her own opinions?
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 7th Jun 2014 8:32am
A road in Bidston has had no mail delivered for three weeks because of a dog loose in the neighbourhood. The only letter to be delivered was to inform the "customers" of the situation. ( Roger phillips phone in yesterday)A large spider and angry aggressive pensioners are other excuses for no service.Interfering with mail was a criminal offence and I hope still is.I will choose to fire the mail in the bin if I choose to do so.When a postie makes a moral choice on my behalf I will know for definite this country is an asylum without walls.
Posted By: danjaylai Re: Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 7th Jun 2014 10:40am
Originally Posted by dustymclean
A road in Bidston has had no mail delivered for three weeks because of a dog loose in the neighbourhood. The only letter to be delivered was to inform the "customers" of the situation. ( Roger phillips phone in yesterday)A large spider and angry aggressive pensioners are other excuses for no service.Interfering with mail was a criminal offence and I hope still is.I will choose to fire the mail in the bin if I choose to do so.When a postie makes a moral choice on my behalf I will know for definite this country is an asylum without walls.

I agree fully.

Whatever your personal view of the "S*n" happens to be, it is not your choice to decide whether or not it is delivered to the public.
Surely it's thier choice whether to read it or not?
Personally if I get a copy it will be straight in the bin without being looked at but that's my choice and my right to make that choice.
Posties can not make a moral decision over what is delivered to people via a Paid Service - if they knew what was in a lot of packages, I bet they'd have a shock.
Posted By: Uffda Re: Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 7th Jun 2014 4:47pm
Originally Posted by danjaylai
[quote=dustymclean]
I agree fully.
Whatever your personal view of the "S*n" happens to be, it is not your choice to decide whether or not it is delivered to the public.
Surely it's their choice whether to read it or not?
Personally if I get a copy it will be straight in the bin without being looked at but that's my choice and my right to make that choice.
Posties can not make a moral decision over what is delivered to people via a Paid Service - if they knew what was in a lot of packages, I bet they'd have a shock.

withthat
Posted By: DJDuck Re: Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 7th Jun 2014 7:08pm
I love these people who have a hatred of The Sun newspaper, although it is nothing more than a comic for the masses it's owner is Rupert Murdoch...also owner of Sky Tv. Does this mean all these Sun "boycotters" refuse to pay him x amount a month to watch Liverpool play on Sky Sports, watch boxing and heaven forbid if they know what rugby and cricket is those too?? I fear not.

Empty gestures! Let the postmen do what they are paid for.
Posted By: granny Re: Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 9th Jun 2014 1:11pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-27761336
Posted By: Habdab Re: Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 9th Jun 2014 2:32pm
If the Postman is so concerned as to what he posts through my letterbox, I wish he'd intervene on my behalf and stop delivering all that junk mail I get every week. Even though I have a sticker on my letterbox flap saying NO junk mail, I still get the stuff.
Personally I suspect they're complaining about the weight of all those (S*n???) SUN newspapers they'll have to carry around. It's a bit like the bin men not emptying bins that are too full. It's not like they have to lift them anymore is it?
Don't get me started on the bin men!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 9th Jun 2014 9:32pm
Originally Posted by Habdab
I
Personally I suspect they're complaining about the weight of all those (S*n???) SUN newspapers they'll have to carry around.
I suspect principle, myself.
Posted By: Wench Re: Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 10th Jun 2014 9:36am
Have they not thought that maybe some people may actually want their copy? Instead of all the moaning, creating petitions and farcebook pages about it, why don't people just either chuck it in the bin or put it in an envelope and send it back to The Sun without a stamp on it?

And before I get the whole "do you not know what was printed years ago" flaming, I've never read it in my life. I don't read newspapers at all. And in case the "Hillsborough" comments are thrown at me too, don't bother! I lost a mate there, nearly lost my partner at the time and looked after some of those that were injured.

Life is short enough as it is, without getting so wound up over a bloody newspaper! The same amount will be printed whether or not the postmen decide to deliver it or not.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 10th Jun 2014 9:47am
Well said that lass.

thumbsup
Posted By: chriskay Re: Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 10th Jun 2014 10:30am
The voice of sanity there, Wench.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 12th Jun 2014 9:12am
More news:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/merseyside-posties-take-stand-against-7255204

I'm pretty sure you can't tell the postman not to deliver post. Wouldn't he be accused or dereliction of duty?

I'd suggest just sticking them in the nearest post box, or returning them back to the sender like Wench said.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 12th Jun 2014 10:51am
I had a copy of this rag delivered with my post today.
I've folded it and put it in a standard DL envelope and addressed it to:
The Sun
3 Thomas More Square
LONDON
E98 1XY
No stamp, of course.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Royal Mail delivering the S*n - 12th Jun 2014 11:44am
Originally Posted by chriskay
I had a copy of this rag delivered with my post today.
I've folded it and put it in a standard DL envelope and addressed it to:
The Sun
3 Thomas More Square
LONDON
E98 1XY
No stamp, of course.

Good move Chris. I do that with any bulky junk mail. Including a small sheet of 1/4" mild steel plate would bump up the cost a bit. grin grin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral