Forums
Posted By: karenjon smashed car windows - 24th Apr 2014 7:46am
some thugs went though beechwood around 11 pm last night smashing car windscreens my sons included,plus i beleive a house window .
Posted By: missmahjong Re: smashed car windows - 24th Apr 2014 8:28am
Been happening by me as well ,also bus stops...Bloody pains ..
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: smashed car windows - 24th Apr 2014 8:34am
Sorry to hear that Karen,but why do they always seem to get away with it and never get the justice they deserve (whatever you perceive that to be).Some time ago one of Birkenhead's oxygen thieves sprayed a line of paint along the side of half a dozen cars in our road,mine included,I reported to the police of course and after the Officer had finished with me I asked him if he was going to see the other people whose cars had been vandalised,he said no one else had reported it.Is this a case of collective apathy or do people now have such low expectations of the thugs ever being caught? And if they are caught what happens to them? Nothing.
Posted By: karenjon Re: smashed car windows - 24th Apr 2014 9:54am
sad thing was it was a pensioners bungalow windowthat got a bottle thrown threw it. hope they catch them but guess they won't.
Posted By: feisort Re: smashed car windows - 24th Apr 2014 10:33am
this happened near my mates house, they have been around for a few nights, they will end up doing the wrong persons house/car soon enough, police have been leafleting this morning, 12 hours too late.

I hope they get their legs broken. the police are a joke.
Posted By: feisort Re: smashed car windows - 24th Apr 2014 10:33am
one of the victims was a disabled lady too.
Posted By: newbrightonier Re: smashed car windows - 27th Apr 2014 9:33am
This has also happened in New Brighton at about 5am near Morrisons, 20 cars, apparently the police have now caught whoever was responsible.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: smashed car windows - 27th Apr 2014 1:22pm
Glad to here this...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: smashed car windows - 27th Apr 2014 1:42pm
Glad to hear at least one bit of excrement on legs is in custody. What's that? An accident on the way down to the cells? Head and facial injuries? Rumoured brain damage, but no brain located. Such a great shame! These things happens I suppose.
Posted By: casper Re: smashed car windows - 27th Apr 2014 3:37pm
If they catch them they should be made to pay the full cost of any damage, no excuses, take their whole benefits off them, that would mean no new trackies and trainees, still they would all claim to be suffering from stress because they cant have the latest gear, it seems to be the latest fad the cars by us including mine have been keyed,a sad world we live in.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: smashed car windows - 27th Apr 2014 3:48pm
Not the Wallasey I remember Casper. Where did it all go so wrong?
Posted By: Dilly Re: smashed car windows - 27th Apr 2014 5:01pm
Originally Posted by snowshoes
Not the Wallasey I remember Casper. Where did it all go so wrong?

It all went wrong when the courts stopped handing out stiff penalties, sometimes with the excuse that prisons are full, well why not build more prisons or better still put the sh##e out at sea on purpose built barges.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: smashed car windows - 27th Apr 2014 5:28pm
Seems to me we all did stupid things in our teens, but what I read is that these vermin have taken over the streets.
Posted By: casper Re: smashed car windows - 28th Apr 2014 6:52am
As you say we all did stupid things, but this goes far beyond, there is no reason for it, kids don't fight now, they maim and kill stamping kicking ,knifing the intent to do as much damage and harm as possible, there are no rules the very young, the elderly, the vunerable are all targets, as are belongings and property.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: smashed car windows - 28th Apr 2014 12:12pm
I was recently reading an article about children standing under the flight path at Liverpool airport and throwing stones at the passing aircraft.

What might surprise you was that the article was about children in the 1950's and 1960's.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: smashed car windows - 28th Apr 2014 1:53pm
When did Liverpool airport open then? think
Posted By: Anonymous Re: smashed car windows - 28th Apr 2014 2:02pm
It's Speke Aerodrome Bandy. Always has been and always will be. They didn't get MY permission to change any names ! Droan droan droan etc... grin

Off Topic police on the horizon............
Posted By: bert1 Re: smashed car windows - 28th Apr 2014 2:19pm
It's now Liverpool John Lennon Airport, named after a chap who played in a 4 piece combo that young people enjoyed.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: smashed car windows - 30th Apr 2014 3:20pm
I was just wondering what kites the kids were throwing stones at in the 50's and 60's at Speke Aerodrome.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: smashed car windows - 30th Apr 2014 3:29pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
I was just wondering what kites the kids were throwing stones at in the 50's and 60's at Speke Aerodrome.

Probably all those Douglas Dakotas that used to fly over en route to the I.O.M. I think they did about 50mph - with a following wind ! Lovely sound though.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: smashed car windows - 1st May 2014 10:06am
This is the article I referred to:

http://www.liverpool0151.co.uk/speke/pages/page121.htm
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: smashed car windows - 1st May 2014 12:32pm
When I was in Berlin the Aussies gave the city a DC3 in memory of the Air Bridge. The kite beat up the airfield before landing and going into mothballs as a museum piece, brilliant, and a very agile aircraft it was too. The occasion was the RAF Gatow Open Day, a very rare occurrance. The Berlin Wall was just the other side of the airfield.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral