Forums
Posted By: Flymo Dangerous - ropes pulled across the prom - 2nd Feb 2014 6:15pm
I was running along the prom earlier minding my own business when two young lads thought it would be funny to remove a lifebelt rope, tie it to the sea wall railings and pull it tight as I ran past.

It was just by the steps from Priory Road, Seacombe. Two lads aged approx 12 years, one with blue hooded coat.

An incredibly dangerous thing to do, glad I wasn't riding a bike at the time. Hopefully no-one will be needing a life belt along there tonight.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Dangerous - ropes pulled across the prom - 2nd Feb 2014 9:27pm
had this happen to me once while i was on my bike, but the funniest thing happened in that a group of 3-4 young lads pulled the rope tight but it snapped and they went tumbling back on top of each other.

poetic justice
Posted By: johnny Re: Dangerous - ropes pulled across the prom - 3rd Feb 2014 10:37am
was talking to a mate this morning and he had it done to him on his bike yesterday same place
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Dangerous - ropes pulled across the prom - 3rd Feb 2014 10:41am
Someone else reported this happening before Xmas
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Dangerous - ropes pulled across the prom - 3rd Feb 2014 2:08pm
it is hard to police, we need to have the life-rings and rope there because of the water but there is no possible way realistically that they can be watched all the time.

This has gone on for years.

glad your ok.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Dangerous - ropes pulled across the prom - 3rd Feb 2014 6:07pm
And again today. Post of facebook.

Wirral newsbeat
20 minutes ago
Hi, some little buggers have put rope across the prom from the railings to the other side. My ex has just come off his bike. He tried to chase after them but they were at the top of the steps. Just after the vents near seacombe ferry. Madeleine
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Dangerous - ropes pulled across the prom - 4th Feb 2014 12:25am
Little barstard
Posted By: Zimmer Re: Dangerous - ropes pulled across the prom - 4th Feb 2014 12:39pm

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums..._tying_ropes_along_the_p.html#Post827974
Posted By: Zimmer Re: Dangerous - ropes pulled across the prom - 4th Feb 2014 12:43pm
Those ropes could be sprayed with glowing paint which would make sense from both a river rescue pov and a protect cyclists pov; perhaps this could be suggested to the council even get a petition on the go?
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Dangerous - ropes pulled across the prom - 4th Feb 2014 12:58pm
how about use all the rope, tie it round all the scumbags of the wirral and then chuck them in the mersey, much better use than what it is supposed to be used for.
Posted By: Zimmer Re: Dangerous - ropes pulled across the prom - 4th Feb 2014 6:27pm
Jackass makes entertainment out of pain induced by pranks; with the laughter reaction firmly etched into the minds of those who watch; it isn't surprising people get gratification from these sort of stunts
Posted By: Dilly Re: Dangerous - ropes pulled across the prom - 5th Feb 2014 8:08am
Originally Posted by Zimmer
Those ropes could be sprayed with glowing paint which would make sense from both a river rescue pov and a protect cyclists pov; perhaps this could be suggested to the council even get a petition on the go?

Fluorescent ropes, what a brilliant idea Zimmer
© Wirral-Wikiwirral