Forums
Posted By: Willo_ person knocked over - 17th Dec 2013 6:08pm
Junction of oxton rd and poulton road.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: person knocked over - 17th Dec 2013 6:24pm
Sorry title should sa knocked over
Posted By: Emeeh Re: person knocked over - 17th Dec 2013 11:30pm
Saw that happen tonight at around 6pm.

That's 3 people I've seen knocked over in as many weeks; tonight, A41 last night and Marlowe Road.

Last 2 looked very nasty, pray they're ok.
Posted By: nem12esis Re: person knocked over - 18th Dec 2013 9:51am
If you keep seeing people getting knocked over, please stay home now until after Christmas.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: person knocked over - 18th Dec 2013 10:07am
Originally Posted by nem12esis
If you keep seeing people getting knocked over, please stay home now until after Christmas.
laugh
Posted By: Emeeh Re: person knocked over - 18th Dec 2013 11:00am
I was just saying that! If these things come in threes then hopefully its over!
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: person knocked over - 18th Dec 2013 9:43pm
The thing I find is, that so many people wear such dark clothing which can't be seen at night. I haven't knocked anyone down, however I can say that on occasion I've definitely had times when I've only just noticed at the last minute someone in the middle of a busy road trying to cross.
It's dangerous out there on the roads for both pedestrians and drivers these days frown
Posted By: Salmon Re: person knocked over - 19th Dec 2013 12:43pm
Originally Posted by Elizabeth
The thing I find is, that so many people wear such dark clothing which can't be seen at night. I haven't knocked anyone down, however I can say that on occasion I've definitely had times when I've only just noticed at the last minute someone in the middle of a busy road trying to cross.
It's dangerous out there on the roads for both pedestrians and drivers these days frown

Yes it seems the darker the nights then the blacker the clothes that folk wear.The old slogan "wear something white at night" makes sense.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: person knocked over - 19th Dec 2013 6:39pm
Also a lot of cars now have very bright headlights which can momentarily dazzle you especially on dark wet country lanes. Some of the rear lights cyclists have are pretty useless if you have a car coming at you even with dipped lights. Recently broke down at night on a very dangerous bend on Brimstage Road just before Clatterbridge roundabout and i put a high viz coat on and walked back down the verge to try and warn drivers to slow. I was surprised how close they got before even seeing me waving.
Posted By: paulaharry Re: person knocked over - 22nd Dec 2013 1:36pm
I know the young lady run over on Marlowe Road, she is on the mend and doing well. She was wearing a high vis jacket, as she needs this for work, but tends to wear it anyway, it was simply a case of the driver not seeing her until it was too late.
Posted By: Emeeh Re: person knocked over - 28th Dec 2013 8:27am
Glad to hear it.

I know Marlowe Road well and I know how fast cars turn into it there by the church.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral