Forums
Posted By: madimoo75 picasso pizza mount pleasant road - 10th Aug 2013 2:53pm
hi, i'm being nosey. Does anyone know what has happened, at picasso pizza, mount pleasant road wallasey. 3 police cars, riot van, and police dog handler parked up outside. police in and out of pizza shop. Police dog handler walking up and down entry between pleasant st and clwyd st.
Posted By: Tatey Re: picasso pizza mount pleasant road - 10th Aug 2013 6:59pm
Don't know, but it is not the first time.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: picasso pizza mount pleasant road - 11th Aug 2013 10:01am
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: picasso pizza mount pleasant road - 11th Aug 2013 11:24am
sorry
Posted By: Focuzed Re: picasso pizza mount pleasant road - 13th Aug 2013 9:26am
Just seen this, must be linked?
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/10608068.Burglars_assault_man_in_his_own_home/
Posted By: Willo_ Re: picasso pizza mount pleasant road - 13th Aug 2013 12:31pm
Pizza boss feared for his life after flat attack horror

Abdul Rauf Haidari was left in hospital with slash wounds after attack by four armed raiders.

A pizza shop boss told of his horror after being robbed at knifepoint and battered with metal table legs by four armed raiders.

Abdul Rauf Haidari was left in hospital with slash wounds to his hand and injuries to his head, neck and arms following the attack in his flat, above Picasso’s Pizza on Mount Pleasant Road, Wallasey.

The Afghani asylum seeker only set up the business with a partner in June having fled his hometown of Kabul three years ago in the hope of a safer life in the UK.

But now the 28-year-old – known as Rauf – has been left unable to sleep after the robbery and no longer feels safe in his new home.

He says his fiancee, Yasamin, who was planning to move over to live with him from Australia, shares his concerns and is now reluctant to follow him to the area.

Rauf told how he was in his living room on the phone to Yasamin at around 2pm on Saturday afternoon when he saw the four men coming into the room.

He said: “My friend had gone to the shop nearby and left the door on the latch.

“I was on the phone and saw these men coming into the room. I said ‘who are you? Why are you coming into my flat without permission?’

“The next minute one of them threw a can of beer at my face and I blocked it with my arm.

“Then another one kicked through my glass table, smashing it. “They took the metal legs and started hitting me, trying to hit my head. I tried to go over to the window, and one of them came at me with a knife. He put it to my belly and said ‘where is the money?’ I said ‘what money?’

“I tried to take his hand but the knife slashed me three times.

“I thought they were trying to kill me so I climbed out of the window on to the balcony and shouted for help.

“The girls next door heard and called police and the men ran off.

“They took my phone and laptop and maybe other things too, I don’t know yet.”

Rauf, who believes the robbery may be linked to an incident in the pizza shop the night before – when a man tried to take a mobile phone from behind the counter and was ejected – spent the night in hospital but was back working yesterday.

He said: “Since we’ve been here everyone has been so nice. The people in this area are good people.

“They are very friendly and the police and ambulance staff were very good to me too. But I ran away from my country to be safe and now I don’t feel safe here either.”

A spokesman for Merseyside police said three men – aged 19, 44 and 69 – were arrested on suspicion of aggravated burglary in connection with the incident.

All three have been bailed pending further enquiries. The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information can call police on 0151 777 2265 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Description: Picasso's Pizza and Kebab House on Mount Pleasant Road, Wallasey
Attached picture pizza.JPG
Posted By: HannahP Re: picasso pizza mount pleasant road - 14th Aug 2013 8:56am
No comment on this. The man is a a-hole in my opinion.

Theres been talk that this was set up. As if anyone has realised, sometimes they are closed for a period of time, but still take orders - he can barely afford to pay his electric but still makes the food in his flat.
Posted By: unicornace Re: picasso pizza mount pleasant road - 15th Aug 2013 3:52pm
Don't know the guy but straight away one thing is obvious from the given report ...the "attackers" knew the "victim" and have been in his flat before.

If I was planning to batter some shop owner with my mates I'd take something heavy with me, not wait 'til I got to the place then improvise (glass table and metal legs). No way that was a flash of inspiration on the part of the bad guys.

Something fishy is going on with this story.
Posted By: HannahP Re: picasso pizza mount pleasant road - 16th Aug 2013 8:22am
If you ever met the guy, you'd know how much this is set up!
Posted By: Tatey Re: picasso pizza mount pleasant road - 18th Aug 2013 10:50am
"The Afghani asylum seeker" / "his fiancee, Yasamin, who was planning to move over to live with him from Australia"

What is wrong with this picture?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral