Forums
Just past Vale Park towards the town hall. At least three Police cars, one ambulance and the Prom taped off. Joggers and Dog Walkers were being turned around.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police and Ambulance on New Brighton prom - 9th Jul 2013 7:01am
is that a police officer in full dress searching the sand i see?

surely they dont have to wear full dress in this weather?
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Police and Ambulance on New Brighton prom - 9th Jul 2013 7:10am
I got turned up the hill, riding back to new Brighton from Seacombe. Police wouldnt say what it was only it wasnt good news. Yes there was one officer on the beach.

Loads of police and the road taped of at Trafalgar Road also.

K
Posted By: kezann Re: Police and Ambulance on New Brighton prom - 9th Jul 2013 8:13am
Yup....they do have to wear full uniform
Posted By: Xorue Re: Police and Ambulance on New Brighton prom - 9th Jul 2013 8:46am
there were 2/3 vans and 2/3 bmw x3's on trafalgar road investigating something at about 8.30 this morning. one of the houses was apparently cornered off
Just walked down my road to investigate...

A body has been found in Manor Lane. The entire of Manor Lane from Seabank Road has been taped off. Several forensics are there examining the scene and a couple of plain clothes officers (I presume CID?) are looking over the railings towards the beach and interviewing the nearby residents.

Couldn't get any info from the Special Officer though.

[Linked Image]
Somebody has been shot in the lane at the bottom of caithness drive.

What is the world coming to
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police and Ambulance on New Brighton prom - 9th Jul 2013 9:48am
so this must be connected to the police helicopter around that area about 10am today?
Rode past this morning, just after body had been found by a chap walking his dog. Not nice frown
Posted By: Xorue Re: Police and Ambulance on New Brighton prom - 9th Jul 2013 10:28am
Good news everybody! I found out. Apparently man, who lives on Trafalgar Road, and woman, who lives in Charlotte Road, had an argument, he beat her up and then he was found dead this morning on the prom.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Police and Ambulance on New Brighton prom - 9th Jul 2013 10:37am
Originally Posted by Xorue
Good news everybody! I found out. Apparently man, who lives on Trafalgar Road, and woman, who lives in Charlotte Road, had an argument, he beat her up and then he was found dead this morning on the prom.
And which part of that is the good news.
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Police and Ambulance on New Brighton prom - 9th Jul 2013 10:55am
Originally Posted by Willo_
Originally Posted by Xorue
And which part of that is the good news.

My thoughts exactly
Posted By: princessxx Re: Police and Ambulance on New Brighton prom - 9th Jul 2013 11:09am
Really not a nice thing to say at the end of the day its still someones son brother uncle possibly dad so until we have the facts maybe dont be so hard x
If it's who I think it is, then believe me when I say "He had it coming"

I was at a friends home in Charlotte Road and the guy I think it is left another man on the floor for dead. No exaggeration when I say the pavement was red. This particular person is a vile man.

If it is him, then no tears will be shed by me. If it's not, then RIP.
Posted By: organiser Re: Police and Ambulance on New Brighton prom - 9th Jul 2013 12:09pm
Source...12.45 Mersey magazine

A man's body has been found in a quiet Wirral road.

The discovery was made this morning by a man walking his dog along Manor Lane which is off Seabank Road in Wallasey

Mersey Magazine understand there was an altercation in nearby Charlotte Road last night in which the dead man was involved

Merseyside Police has arrested a 37-year-old woman on suspicion of
murder

Officers were called to Egremont Promenade at 5.50am after a member of
the public found a man aged in his 40s lying in the street with a head
injury.

Paramedics attended and pronounced the man dead at scene.

The area where the man was found was immediately cordonned off and
remains sealed for ongoing forensic examination.

House-to-house and CCTV enquiries are being carried out by officers in
the area and a number of roads remain closed to the public.

The circumstances of the man's death are under investigation and a Home
Office post mortem will be carried out later to establish a cause of
death.

The woman remains in police custody at this time.

Anyone with information is asked to contact detectives in Wirral on 0151
777 2265 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
Posted By: delta6 Re: Police and Ambulance on New Brighton prom - 9th Jul 2013 12:38pm
Originally Posted by TheEpicSponge
If it's who I think it is, then believe me when I say "He had it coming"

I was at a friends home in Charlotte Road and the guy I think it is left another man on the floor for dead. No exaggeration when I say the pavement was red. This particular person is a vile man.

If it is him, then no tears will be shed by me. If it's not, then RIP.

is this all connected or was this another time.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police and Ambulance on New Brighton prom - 9th Jul 2013 1:08pm
typical streets involved once again.

wonder what he was doing in manor lane?

Originally Posted by delta6

is this all connected or was this another time.

This was Friday 28th June. My friend and I were going out on the following Sunday for a pint, but we realised that the Silverstone GP was on.
A brawl of around 4-5 people on the one lad and his girl. Stayed there for a good hour after everything had finished and no signs of the police, so I presume no-one had called them.

The main person "commanding" the other people was the guy that lives (possibly lived) opposite my friend's house.
Posted By: delta6 Re: Police and Ambulance on New Brighton prom - 9th Jul 2013 2:25pm
cheers epic
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Police and Ambulance on New Brighton prom - 10th Jul 2013 8:31am
theres been another arrest this morning.
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Police and Ambulance on New Brighton prom - 10th Jul 2013 5:06pm
The victim has now been named as Mark Reissing.

Liverpool Echo news

@ Epic: Is it who you thought it was?
No, it wasn't. Although they are 'affiliated' with each other I believe.
Posted By: Flymo Re: Police and Ambulance on New Brighton prom - 11th Jul 2013 5:49pm
I see Police all over the place on King Street again and rumours of another body collected from Rice Hey Lane earlier. Reprisals you think?
Posted By: Mark Re: Police and Ambulance on New Brighton prom - 12th Jul 2013 5:36pm
Statement From The Family Of Mark Reissing
Statement from the family of Mark Christopher Reissing:

"Sometime between Monday 8 July and Tuesday 9 July our brother Mark was brutally murdered. He was then callously dumped in a side alley near to Egremont Promenade, where he died of his injuries.
Nobody's dad, son, brother or uncle deserves such a horrific death. If anyone has any information, no matter how trivial it may seem, please contact Merseyside Police to help apprehend the perpetrator or perpetrators."

Source click me
Posted By: Mark Re: Police and Ambulance on New Brighton prom - 12th Jul 2013 6:17pm
A 37-year-old woman arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of a man in New Brighton on Tuesday (9 July) has been bailed pending further enquiries.

Mark Reissing, 48 and from Wallasey died as a result of multiple injuries after being found on Egremont Promenade at 5.50am on Tuesday.

A 41-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder remains in custody at this time.

Source click me
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Police and Ambulance on New Brighton prom - 5th Nov 2013 7:32am
Update:

TWO men accused of the murder of Mark Reissing in New Brighton have today denied the offence.

Nazzareno Abela, 46, of Springfield Place, Wallasey and Geoffrey Allen, 40, of Rice Hey Road, Wallasey, both pleaded not guilty to murdering of Mr Reissing on July 9 this year.

The 48-year-old victim was found with head injuries on Manor Lane, Egremont Promenade, on July 9. A post mortem examination subsequently revealed that he had died from multiple injuries.

Allen also denied being concerned in supplying Class A drugs between January 1 and July 17 this year, as did Everton man Christopher Halpin, 30, of Roscommon Street.

Halpin also pleaded not guilty to two offences of assisting an offender involving disposing of a vehicle in which Mark Reissing had bled and providing a vehicle, both with intent to impede the apprehension of Abela.

The three men, who appeared at Liverpool Crown Court via video link, were further remanded in custody to await their trial, expected to last six weeks, beginning on January 13.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Police and Ambulance on New Brighton prom - 14th Jan 2014 11:21pm
Update:

Court hears how drug dealer stabbed underling to death and dumped him by the Mersey over missing cash

Nazzareno Abela on trial over death of Mark Reissing at Liverpool Crown Court

A drug dealer stabbed one of his underlings to death in a row over missing cash and dumped him by the Mersey to be found by a dog walker the next day, a murder trial was told today.

Nazzareno Abela allegedly murdered Mark Reissing, 48, in Wirral before fleeing to Scotland with the help of his drug dealing boss.

Alongside Abela in the dock is fellow drug dealer Geoffrey Allen, who is also accused of Mr Reissing’s murder and Christopher Halpin who is accused of helping him after the killing by arranging for his blood stained car to be disposed of and giving him a vehicle to escape in, as well as being a dealer in class A drugs.

Simon Driver, QC, said: “It is all to do with drugs. The dead man and the three defendants were all involved in selling drugs and that caused a dispute which led to this violence.”

Mr Driver said Abela, 46, worked in Wallasey selling drugs for a Liverpool dealer called “Trevor” who was actually Christopher Halpin.

Liverpool Crown Court heard Abela would give drugs to Mark Reissing on credit and he would sell them to pay him back but Abela came to believe that money was going missing and went looking for Mr Reissing with Geoffrey Allen, 40.

CCTV showed the three men meet up at midnight on July 8 last year and walk to Rice Hey Road where Allen lived.

It is there that Abela allegedly attacked Mr Reissing with a lump of wood and a knife and after killing him drove him in his Vauxhall Astra down to Egremont Promenade in Wallasey leaving him propped up against a wall.

A neighbour told police he heard “aggressive male voices” with one man saying “****ing do it then”, and a further witness said he heard a man say: “Get him in the car”.

Around 1am a cyclist saw a man on the ground at the promenade but thought he was drunk so it was not until nearly 6am that a dog walker discovered Mr Reissing’s body slumped in a seated position.

He had fatal stab wounds to his legs, had been hit with a blunt object and a bone in his neck was broken.

Police going door to door the day after the murder interviewed Geoffrey Allen who said he had had no visitors and nothing untoward had happened but when they arrested him he confessed Abela had attacked Mr Reissing outside his house but he had just watched and hadn’t taken part, which the prosecution does not accept.

He said Abela then drove away with Mr Reissing in his car and when he returned was alone, telling him he: “Dropped Reissing down a dark lane... he’s not going to be found. I think I’ve gone overboard.”

Allen said he gave Abela a change of clothing and washed his bloody clothes because he was scared of him, while Abela arranged for “the lads who he sells drugs for to take the car away, to get rid of that”.

Mr Reissing’s blood stains were found in Allen’s house, in his washing machine and a blood stained shirt said to belong to Abela was found in a bin near his home.

His blood was also found in Abela’s car, which was burned out in north Liverpool, and at Abela’s sister’s house.

Mr Driver said Christopher Halpin, 30, of Roscommon Street, Everton arranged for the Astra to be taken through the Wallasey tunnel to Liverpool and further gave Abela, of Springfield Place, Wallasey, a white transit van which he used to drive to Aberdeen the next day.

Abela denies murder, saying he was at his sister’s at the time and had leant his car to Allen.

Mr Driver, said: “It seems therefore that this is a case in which the two defendants are blaming each other.”

Both Allen and Abela have admitted supplying class A drugs but Christopher Halpin denies that charge and two counts of assisting an offender.

(Proceeding) Source
© Wirral-Wikiwirral