Forums
Posted By: phalinmegob police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 22nd Jun 2012 5:01pm
seems to be something going on there,flyover closed and lots of police on top off flyover and under it,my daughter says she has just seen police carrying a bodybag but this is unconfirmed. can see the police out of my window and also a fire engine but cannot see anything that looks like a crash.
Posted By: j_demo Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 22nd Jun 2012 5:23pm
this the flyover by b.head central station?
yeah , forget the body bag bit, there is a guy threatening to throw himself off the flyover as we speak and the police are trying to talk him down. maybe what my daughter saw was an airbag or something.i can see four police cars on the bridge, not sure how many are underneath though.
Posted By: rach87 Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 22nd Jun 2012 5:27pm
yer by old ford garage.
Posted By: j_demo Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 22nd Jun 2012 5:39pm
he'll be heading straight to springview... probably... when they get him.
Posted By: Chorizo Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 22nd Jun 2012 6:11pm
Surely that's not high enough to be life threatening? Unless he jumped head first. Seems more of a cry for help
Posted By: j_demo Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 22nd Jun 2012 6:23pm
Originally Posted by Chorizo
Surely that's not high enough to be life threatening? Unless he jumped head first. Seems more of a cry for help

despite some common misconceptions, the human body is a very fragile thing.
I saw a programme on the telly that said most falls from 15 feet or more are fatal so it doesn't have to be that high. (Emergency Paramedics or something like that)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 22nd Jun 2012 7:04pm
let him jump and stop wasteing all our time/money
Posted By: gopher Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 22nd Jun 2012 7:35pm
Police incident over,road re=opened.
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 22nd Jun 2012 7:58pm
So did he jump??

Posted By: Nemmy Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 24th Jun 2012 1:43am
hope so
Posted By: Dilly Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 24th Jun 2012 6:58am
Nemmy you must know this person to be so negative about their life, what have they done to you ?
Posted By: freddy Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 24th Jun 2012 12:31pm
why are police ther anyways if he wants to jump then let the selfish Grrr jump is what i say !
Posted By: Zubee Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 24th Jun 2012 9:59pm
Phlegm, Nemmy, Freddie please read forum notes about respecting the fact that the person you're talking about relatives and friends could well be reading your posts. If it was one of yours (friends/relatives) you'd be really unhappy.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 24th Jun 2012 10:04pm
Originally Posted by Zubee
Phlegm, Nemmy, Freddie please read forum notes about respecting the fact that the person you're talking about relatives and friends could well be reading your posts. If it was one of yours (friends/relatives) you'd be really unhappy.

I agree and also how do we know this person could have mental health problems.something has obviously gone wrong in their life that they don't know how to deal with.
They do say it does not take much to push some people over the edge.
Posted By: Zubee Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 24th Jun 2012 10:06pm
Nice one Zelda. Very true.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 25th Jun 2012 11:16am
Who says we die when we die, energy is never destroyed, it just turns in to a different matter. Perhaps the jumper worked this out and wanted to experience the other side....

Love is kind, nothing more or nothing less. Letting go of something/someone is what really counts - divine law (at the top of our legal system is divine law followed by natural, common then state) is the law of natural repulsion and attraction. If you like something you shouldn't keep it, admire and cherish it but don't hold on to it for too long as it will only weigh you down. My Grand died, I liked/loved her and I learned to let her go.

What makes anyone think this doesn't apply to everything.

Posted By: ludwigvan Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 25th Jun 2012 11:22am
Very profound and insightful Sanchez.You're a man of hidden depths.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 25th Jun 2012 11:34am
That is what the women say, especially the bit about depth wink
Posted By: Moonstar Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 25th Jun 2012 1:12pm
nono
Posted By: Katryn Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 25th Jun 2012 3:50pm
Originally Posted by phlegm
let him jump and stop wasteing all our time/money

insensitive %&$&*%^£!
Posted By: Katryn Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 25th Jun 2012 3:51pm

well said.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 25th Jun 2012 4:41pm
Yes well said, lets not consider what the jumper wanted, just everyone's feelings around the jumper, if said jumper wants to jump let it be so. Ultimately its the jumpers choice, no one else's.

My sympathies do however go out to the jumpers loved ones who cared for the jumper.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 25th Jun 2012 10:44pm
It is not sympathy this person needs it is help. like i said something has obviously gone terribly wrong in there life to make them want to end it.
None of us on here know what this person has gone through so i don't know why some people feel the need to make negative comments on here.
Empathy is a wonderful thing if you have it.
To show empathy is to identify with another's feelings. It is to emotionally put yourself in the place of another.
Posted By: Zubee Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 25th Jun 2012 11:15pm
My thoughts exactly Zelda,

A couple of things, if this jumper was of sound mind and really wanted to end it all (though I appreciate 'being of sound mind' and being despairing enough to kill yourself are contrary) they wouldn't have done it so publicly where there was any chance of them being stopped from doing so. They'd have done it in a more private environment so they wouldn't be discovered until too late. That signals a massive cry for help, to me anyway.

Secondly IMHO people on this forum who write 'I hope he jumped', 'time waster' etc have no consideration for the potential jumpers friends or family and those comments, again IMHO are akin to trolling.

Nasty.
Posted By: Dilly Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 25th Jun 2012 11:47pm
banish them to fb. Well in Zoobee
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 25th Jun 2012 11:59pm
With tthat zelda
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: police incident at flyover by rock park/hex - 26th Jun 2012 12:06pm
My thoughts exactly Zelda,

A couple of things, if this jumper was of sound mind and really wanted to end it all (though I appreciate 'being of sound mind' and being despairing enough to kill yourself are contrary) they wouldn't have done it so publicly where there was any chance of them being stopped from doing so. They'd have done it in a more private environment so they wouldn't be discovered until too late. That signals a massive cry for help, to me anyway.

Secondly IMHO people on this forum who write 'I hope he jumped', 'time waster' etc have no consideration for the potential jumpers friends or family and those comments, again IMHO are akin to trolling.

Nasty.

I have the same opinion as you on this one
© Wirral-Wikiwirral